“Discrete Elegance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lowell Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lowell Hotel to your Saves list
Lowell Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   28 East 63rd Street, Between Madison and Park Avenues, New York City, NY 10065 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #66 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Beverly Hills, California
“Discrete Elegance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

At the opposite side of the same block than Hermes just off Madison, the location is cool.
The doormen are correct. The lobby is old NY understated and chic. The receptionists and the concierge makes you feel at home. The clientele is upscale, discrete and well travelled. You get to your floor rarely seeing anyones, and you get to a normal elegant well appointed suite. It's comfortable, the bed and the linens are very nice. Good lighting, quiet, with wonderful classic bathrooms and amenities. Is it all that anyone can ask for? Good room service, great valet and excellent housekeeping. And they are kind and generous with the hotel car, and plenty of perks... Good service is invisible, the Lowell knows!

Room Tip: Be kind and honest, and you will mostly get an upgrade. Be elegant and generous, the staff will welc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I am delighted to read your kind words and brilliant ‘Room Tips’! I will share your generous comments with the rest of the team. We hope to welcome you back soon again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I do not know what the last reviewer is referring to, because I just spent 4 perfect nights at the Lowell. Breakfast, afternoon tea and Room Service were all sampled, and all great. The doormen and the Front Desk staff outstanding. One valet chased a cab down the street for us, when I thanked him his response "that my job'", actually I thought, that is way beyond your job!! Well Done. Concierge hit every recommendation exactly. The entire stay was a huge success.
Thank you Lowell team, I will be sure to come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Mr. Blloyd,
Thank you for sharing your experience and for your kind words! I will make sure to pass on your compliments to our Lowell Family members. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked the Lowell suite Excellent room.
after arriving went to dinner. When we returned a maint. man was leaving the room..when I questioned him he said " wrong room"
About an hour later door bell rang and before I could get to door he was coming in.
Left next morning and upon returning our phone charger was missing. After several people came to our room noting that they could not understand what happened. In the end the maint. Person had entered our room and removed the charger.
The GM called me to apologze and asked me to forgive this person for taking the charger. I guess the GM was O.K. with this employees action if I was.
This makes me very uncomfortable with management.
Ron

• Stayed January 2013
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Unfortunately, the guest seems to have misunderstood this unfortunate incident. An engineer attending to maintenance in his suite forgot his phone charger in the guest suite and went back to retrieve it and took the guest’s charger by mistake which is identical to his own. The charger was returned with an apology for the inconvenience. Our General Manager in addition to speaking with the guest personally and extending an apology also sent an amenity as a courtesy.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

good job:) m happy ,,, m gonna spend som more dollars out of my pocket and it is always worth it and on top of that the quality staff and all the crew members were so polite and moreover kind enough to provide and cater your needs,i went alone and had a good time but trust me i will be along with ma g.f this feb so its gonna be interesting

Room Tip: the southern part is a good place to live
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your kind words! We are looking forward to welcoming you back, together with your girlfriend this February. We do have a wonderful Valentine’s Day Menu! If you do need any assistance with your February plans, please feel free to contact me; afalt@lowellhotel.com.
Stamford, CT, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed at The Lowell over New Year's with the family. The place feels less like a hotel, and more like an upscale residence where staff knows exactly who you are and is ready to assist in a very genuine and non-obtrusive way. This is a rarity, even at most 5-star hotels.

The whole stay was fantastic -- the suite we were upgraded to was spacious and well furnished, the welcome gifts for the kids were a very nice touch and everybody from the valet to front desk, to waiting staff, to room service was extremely accommodating. Not to overlook, the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept on. (For those who will read this and think that I need to get out more, please read my other reviews).

Two things which deserve a special mention in my book:

- prior to arrival I received an email from Guest Relations asking about the names of all family members in my party, our likes and dislikes and allergy information; my kids (ages 9 and 11) were thrilled to see that small welcome gifts had their names

- my son wrote a thank you note to hotel staff and left it in the room; hotel General Manager sent him a letter acknowledging the note and welcoming the whole family back to The Lowell; I've traveled a lot with and without kids, but this is the level of attention that I have rarely seen, if ever

So, needless to say, we will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear World Traveler,
It is an honor to read your kind words and to hear that your experience while staying with us was fantastic! We are proud of our team and I will definitely be sharing your feedback with the rest of The Lowell Family members. Please give our best regards to your family. We hope to welcome you back soon again!
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel. Located in a residential area within a short walk from great shopping, this boutique is a gem. Even though there is no lobby, there are lots of nice touches. Hot cider or chocolate near the concierge desk served along side holiday cookies and welcome beverage delivered to the room on arrival. The standard rooms are spacious with enough room for a work table, a side chair and plenty of space to accommodate a room service table setting for two people. The bathroom is very l large with tub, separate shower and flat screen t.v. What makes this property heavenly is that it is quiet allowing for a wonderful nights sleep. We stayed on the fourth floor and it was very peaceful. Room service was quick and the food was delicious. Zero complaints. I see no reason not to return to this property. It's lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with a fire place - it is spectacular. Logs crackling -- super cozy!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that The Lowell can become your ‘home away from home’ in New York City. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Millville, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

When my NYC standby hotel was booked, I followed the reviews in Trip Advisor and booked this hotel as a substitute. I spent three days there with my wife and the hotel is an example of what an upscale hotel should be. Reception was warm and efficient. The one bedroom suite was striking in its decor and layout and it was spotless. The restaurant is small but perfect for breakfast with the food sublime. The baked goods were superb. Service is perfect with every staff member dedicated to fullfilling every request and whim of the guest. The Concierge is a model of perfection and booked several restaurants and services for us without a hitch.
Alas into every review a little rain must fall and there were 2 items missing in the room...phone books and an iron which we found strange but a small inconvenience.
I have traveled all over the world and stayed at so many great hotels and the Lowell has to be one of the top 10 hotels I have experienced.
One word of caution and that is that the Lowell is about 100 yards from Park Avenue and Park Avenue is one of the three avenues in NYC with 2 way traffic and it is almost always busy. For those who are bothered by routine traffic noise; this may prove bothersome.
Other than this small point, you should experience this hotel's luxury and the multitude of amenities that it offers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandra F, Guest Relations Manager at Lowell Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Lowell. I will share your feedback with the rest of The Lowell Family and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. For any upcoming stays, please feel free to request an iron and ironing board and we will have them delivered to your room prior to your arrival. We wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

Been to Lowell Hotel? Share your experiences!