We just spent two night in New York on business and chose to stay at the Lombardy based on the location close to where we would be working. The room was clean and very spacious. We asked for a king bed and were surprised that there were two complete bathrooms in the unit, very nicely done with marble and modern fixtures. The kitchen and living area were dated, but very sufficient. Every unit/apartment is very different since they are owned by individuals.
We were looking for a unit with a kitchenette since we had to be up so early each day and it was easier to cook in the room. We did not bother with the vouchers. There was a store close by where we could could purchase all the basics that we needed thanks to directions from the front desk. All the applicances and basics for cooking were supplied, we just needed to purchase all our own food including coffee.
There is not much of a view, but ... most people that come to New York for business or a vacation really don't spend that much time looking out the windows. There was a bit of noise one night due to construction across the street, but ... not the hotels fault. I don't know if an upper floor would have been quieter.
The Lombardy is close to shopping and many nice restaurants. We were pleased that when we ordered dinner delivered one night the bellman escorted the delivery man to our room and did not send him up on his own.
We had a problem with the television one evening and the maintenance department sent someone up right away to resolve the issue.
This is not the Ritz or one of the most elegant hotels in New York, but ... for the size of the rooms (small apartments) you can't beat the prize for the size and location.
We would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- The Lombardy Hotel New York City
- The Lombardy Hotel
- Lombardy New York City
- Lombardy Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quirky east-side hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Lombardy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.