I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting my daughter who lives in the area. You cannot beat the Upper East Side location near shopping, subway, bus routes, dining, the park and museums. It really bothered me the charming, period marquis out front wasn't lit up. Just looked like the place was not really in business. The service was friendly and efficient. The lobby was just blah - trying really hard, I guess, to be quaint, but it doesn't translate. It's dark and small and boring. I knew going in the rooms were small (my daughter had stayed here in the fall)....but doll-house like is a better descriptor. Or tiny. Or cramped. I cannot imagine two people sharing a room for more than a night. Closet and drawer space is minimal. The vanity/sink in the sleeping area is weird. The bed - supposedly a queen, I swear was just a full. The bath/toilet room is compact. I have to say the finishes are well done - tilework, fixtures, lighting, paint color....but it doesn't make up for the lack of space. The bedding was also on the skimpy side. The duvet was so tightly tucked in it felt short sheeted. And it was thin. The decorative throw at the end of the bed did nothing to ad warmth, and in an ugly brown did little to add décor. The worst issue I had was noise - not from the outside (I had a back facing room), but from all around. The floor above creaked loudly, and whenever someone near me opened their door, it sounded like they were opening mine. Not a restful sleep for a woman traveling alone when they wake up many times thinking someone is at their door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Otel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City