I stayed here last week for the second time in the past three years. The hotel is conveniently located to Mt. Sinai hospital where I was attending a meeting during each visit. I don't expect much from small, European-style/boutique hotels beyond a clean, secure space when I am traveling on business. I don't spend much time in my room other than to sleep and I travel light so I don't require much space, or need the neighborhood to be "special" or to have a nice view (or any view for that matter).
The wi-fi is free and worked quite well on both trips...I easily conducted work in my room although I can understand (given the nature of the technology) that might not always be the case. Breakfast options and the space were fine for my needs, but if I had my druthers I'd like to seem them offer a cereal option that has more fiber than the two types they have had out on both of my visits. If I had been there with my wife it would have been fine as well but had I been traveling with my three children there's really only one spot for a large-ish group to sit and eat. I've never noticed, however, that the space was so crowded that people were waiting for places to sit.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful on both visits. Each time I arrived at 7 am after long red-eye flights and they were happy to store my luggage and invited me to have breakfast even though I was not able to check-in until later in the day. I.e., I got a free breakfast on each trip.
I think that the proximity of the hotel to Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, as well as a bunch of other, smaller museums on the upper east side, and the green subway line, are clear advantages to staying at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City