Other reviews pretty much say it all. A few steps from the 86 4/5/6 station, so transportation was easy, and all the museums a few blocks away. The rooms are tiny, but if you are a solo traveler you have seen smaller in Europe and can make due. Staff very attentive, butt he hotel is old and the rooms could use refurbishing. The elevator reminds me of an old Soviet era elevator I saw once oversees. In the event you run out of tings to do in NYC (HA!), there are sushi places everywhere and even an AMC theatre practically next door. Hotel will provide a private car service to JFK for $60. Breakfast only so-so, was not around for afternoon snacks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Bvlgari bath amenities, complimentary shoe shine, 24-hour cappuccino machine and New York Sports club passes upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City