We stayed at The Franklin for a close friend's son's wedding. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very attentive and friendly. The added benefit of the on-demand cappuccino machine was a BIG plus for us coffer snobs! We chose the Hotel for its convenient location and for that it was perfect. However, the room was VERY small, barely enough room to put two suitcases and the "on the wall" closet didn't even hold a man's suit and my dress. Having said that, the size wasn't unmanageable, but for the size, I felt the price was. By the time we paid for the room, all the taxes, and parking for two and a half days, our bill was nearly $800. I would recommend this hotel and stay again if the price were a bit lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, complimentary shoe shine, 24-hour cappuccino machine and New York Sports club passes upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City