New York City in Springtime is amazing and The Franklin is perfectly sited to take advantage of it. It is a quick walk ( 4 blocks or so) to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. We were in NYC for an overnight and loved being able to enjoy the Upper East Side with its restaurants, shopping, museums etc. The room we got is TINY. I mean, TINY. But if your intention is not to be in the room, it is no problem. The bathroom was immaculate. The Bulgari soap and shampoo great. The bed was comfy. It could use a little sprucing up but was fine for our purposes. (Carpet is worn) But the staff was very friendly. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast which was included but the coffee in the lobby smelled good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, complimentary shoe shine, 24-hour cappuccino machine and New York Sports club passes upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City