The Franklin is well located on the upper east side and convenient to Museum Mile and the Lexington Ave. express stop on the subway at 86th Street. This makes up in part for some of its deficiencies which include incredibly small rooms - even their studios which are their "largest rooms". OK for a few days but it quickly gets claustrophobic if you are in the room very much. The rooms are clean but not what anyone would call new or spiffy. Internet is free but reception not good - my wife had to take her Pad into the hall to make a reservation at a restaurant so don't plan on doing a little work while away from home. The breakfast and the wine/cheese were a nice touch but the space gain is very crowded. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I think there are better values and probably would not stay here again. Other than space there was no glaring deficiency but a lot of mediocrity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Otel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City