Purpose of visit:
Guest room petite - I think (booked via a discount web page) 7th Floor
Specific Comments about stay:
Staff are very welcoming and helpful. Hotel is nice but very small. Eating area and lounge tiny. Room is almost unliveable.
Amenities of the room:
Bvlgari products is prob the best thing. Did not have room to open suitcases. "closet" has room for 2-3 items if that (winter clothes??) Have to shimmy down the side of the bed in get in. Very warm in hotel - no temp adjustment.
Amenities of the hotel:
Wifi, breakfast is simple, but ok. Elevator is an old style which is cool.
Great service, I booked a town car for 2 hours before we needed to be at airport on last day, it was 45mins late - the lady at the front desk was hard on the company and demanded a discount and another driver. Got a luxury car to JFK for $60. Just made it though. Staff of the hotel were apologising every 5 minutes - not their fault at all.
And throughout our stay thr staff were lovely. Only staff member who was a bit offputting was the maid who sets breakfast out, you feel as if you are getting in her way, or she doesnt like her job.
Things I wish I'd known before visiting:
How tiny the rooms were.
Upper east side - i wanted to stay here because its the nicest area, and we were warned not the stay in the heart of the city - but I wish we had. This hotel is not within walking distance of anything we went to.
Very nice little hotel, but too small for me. Location nice and safe but I dont think convenient. The hotel looks nicer on the website. Staff as I said as lovely though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Bvlgari bath amenities, complimentary shoe shine, 24-hour cappuccino machine and New York Sports club passes upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City