The Franklin is a small hotel with a fantastic location in the Upper East side of NYC. The staff are helpful in every way. The 24 hour cappuccino machine provides great drinks. The rooms are small, but our middle size room (200 sq. ft.) was fine for a couple. This has a bed and breakfast feel with a nice continental breakfast and a daily wine reception. The one block walk to the main east side subway line was wonderful, particularly on a rainy day. The only drawback of the room was the small sink area in the bathroom, which makes shaving very difficult. Lastly, my wife loved this place!! I think that is what matters!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City