We stayed at the Franklin for 6 nights. The room was small, as expected and the front desk staff were fantastic. They were helpful and accommodating. The Internet didn't work in our room so we had to use it in the foyer, our TV was fuzzy and the heating system was broken. They did give us a portable heater though. The big disappointment was when we asked about transport to the airport. The staff member at reception said a taxi would be $60 but a private car would also be $60 and was more reliable. He was very persistent that we should book a private car. When the car arrived it seemed to be someone's private vehicle and he seemed to be friends with the staff member. They "highly" recommended we pay cash, when we said we only had credit card he said it was a 10% credit card fee. We were okay with that but he insisted on taking us to a bank to get cash. When we paid the driver at the airport $60+tip he corrected us and said it was actually $67.50 because of tolls. When we said we were quoted $60 TOTAL he said that wasn't right and we needed to give him more money. He then insisted on making us call the staff member back at the hotel. This was incredible frustrating and embarrassing - we would/should have taken a cab. A negative end to a wonderful stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City