The hotel is two blocks from where we live. We're having our bathroom redone and needed a place for two days. The room was comfortable and quiet which was a pleasant surprise given that the street below is busy. It may look like a side street, but there is commercial activity. The breakfast was good. We never tried the evening wine & cheese.
If you're a tourist wanting a reasonably priced basic hotel for sleeping that is convenient to Museum Mile AND to the 4, 5, 6 green-line subways it is worth considering. For upscale dining also try Madison Avenue. Several around 92nd Street. The shopping get increasingly expensive as you go south from 86th Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, and 24-hour cappuccino machine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City