This is a comfy, friendly, well placed hotel if you are visiting New York to see some museums and shows. I loved it!
My only issue is that I got no cell phone reception while there and also could not connect to the internet. The front desk was friendly about it and tried resetting the router, but nothing worked. They did mention that apple products in particular didn't get good reception at their hotel.
This definitely was a negative because I needed to use my phone/internet to look up addresses, get directions, make reservations, etc. I had to actually walk to the Starbucks on the corner to do these things - it would have been so much nicer to do this type of planning from the comfort of my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only a short distance from Central Park, the famed Museum Mile and Madison Avenue designer shops, The Franklin Hotel is the perfect Upper East Side getaway. Built in the 1930s, The Franklin Hotel is located at 164 East 87th Street. This romantic boutique hotel features 50 intimate guestrooms, daily complimentary continental breakfast from 7am-10am and daily wine & cheese reception from 5pm-6:30pm. Ideal for single travelers or couples, all guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, complimentary NY Times & USA Today (in our lounge area), Philosophy bath amenities, complimentary shoe shine, 24-hour cappuccino machine and New York Sports club passes upon request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Franklin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Franklin Hotel New York City
- Franklin New York City
- Franklin Hotel New York City