“Well situated near Broadway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Belvedere

Save Saved
You added The Belvedere to your Saves list
The Belvedere
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   319 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Ranked #185 of 452 hotels in New York City
“Well situated near Broadway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

The good point is the situation of the hotel. Just a few blocks away from Broadway.
A bit noisy however. AC is humming all the time, even off!!
Elevators a very slow and traffix jams are expected every morning after breakfast hours!!
The restauration is on ground floor but without any widow on the City, that's too bad.
Decoration is quite new but not trendy.
Rooms are quite small. When one is used to chain hotels, is VERY small!!
But the ONE thing to remember is its situation in the Big Apple, 2 minutes walk from Metro Station ¨50th Street"

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

3,384 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

First of all, the picture did not correspond with the larger room we booked. Completely different room was given to us, with a noisy window AC unit. There was a gap in the window seal, and in the -22F winter, we could not keep the room warm. When we called the reception, they told us to put one of our sweaters or a towel around the gap. Valet brought my parents' bags upstairs. Very chatty until I told him that my parents, who do not speak English, needed to get change for his tip, and we would find him downstairs shortly. He stormed off the room and slammed the door. Afterwards, every time we ran into him at the lobby, he would roll his eyes and whisper something under his breath. Very rude check in people, impersonal. Should not be in the service industry. We left and went to Sheraton Seventh Ave and 52nd street, as we could no longer stand the bad rooms and service. Still, we paid a one and a half night's penalty for leaving early. Sheraton was worth it, though. Better rooms, larger spaces, true to pictures, updated rooms, good service and lower prices. Stay away from Belvedere.

Stayed August 2014
Port Augusta, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel is in a great location (but then so are the other 1000 in the area). Within walking distance to many famous places. The family and friends Italian restaurant about 20 meters from the hotel is fabulous - highly recommend eating here.
Most reception staff are not friendly to Australians at all -service could improve there.
Room was average. No fan, only had a air con in the window - useless considering the curtains cover it. And after flying 22 hours I was not going to leave my blinds open and be woken at a ridiculous hour of the morning.
Restaurant nice. Expensive with little variety.
The tour helpdesk was the best part of the hotel. Lady on the desk was very friendly.
I had Shopping go missing from my room. Only my key and the cleaner keys had been used. Why would I throw or steal my own belongings?
The hotel commenced their investigation on a Friday night and I only go a "video was inconclusive" response on the following Monday - very poor consider I was about to leave NY.
By this point I refused the cleaners access to my room. I was paid 1 nights accommodation back.
Their so called security system on each floor is useless. It does not pick up the rooms at the end of each floor therefor the security system was useless when it came to my investigation.

I would not recommend this hotel nor stay here ever again. My incident could have been a once off but when you are so far from home and travelling without my husband and son its not a great feeling to have this happen.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed there for 8 nights never been to New York before I highly recommend it is very central and had a laundry facility which we used we also had a small kitchen which had a fridge and a microwave for us to keep our drinks cold we also had the facility to make our own coffee in the morning. As we were meant to have a Queen bed and there were none at the time we stayed in the 2 double bed room the bed was a bit hard but they offered us the internet for free while we were there which we were happy with as we could keep in touch with family,

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was nervous about staying here after reading about the dingy air con, slow lifts, and staff attitude but we had no problems whatsoever. The location is in Times Square which I found to be slightly expensive but prime in nearby attractions. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Friendly helpful staff, great location, within walking distance of Times Square, Broadway, Empire State Building. Lots of restaurants. Had a room with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Everything we needed. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My Wife and I just came back from a 5 night stay at this hotel. The staff there were very friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out. We stayed in an executive king room on the 16th floor with a view uptown. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, the only thing you could say was the a/c was quite loud but it did drown out the city noise so it actually helped us sleep. The location is minutes from almost all transit, Times Square, Central Park, and Broadway shows. Also, the concierge booked us some wonderful reservations and gave us very easy directions to a couple locations. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Belvedere? Share your experiences!