“40th present” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Belvedere

Save Saved
You added The Belvedere to your Saves list
The Belvedere
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   319 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Ranked #180 of 451 hotels in New York City
Londonderry, northern ireland
“40th present”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This hotel was in a great location 2 blocks from time square we were able to walk to almost all the main attraction. Clean and tidy hotel will stay there on out next visit. The staff weren't very helpful but we didn't really need to speak to them any way. Make sue u tip the door men something were not used to doing lol.

Stayed February 2014

3,317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Belvedere is around the corner from Times Square/Broadway yet away from the noise. It's a beautiful boutique hotel with very friendly staff. The location is perfect. It's convenient and safe with gorgeous architecture. We requested a top floor and I'm glad we did. The view is spectacular at night. We stayed on the 16th floor facing W 48th street. Temp in the room is good. It's quiet and comfortable. The bathroom is small but is apparently typical for NYC. There are not a lot of hotel amenities but you're in NY! You won't be in the room much. I would skip the breakfast in the cafe. It's overpriced and mediocre. Go down a couple of blocks and grab a great breakfast for half the cost. Very good choice for your hotel stay!

Stayed July 2014
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was a great place to stay. It was so close to time square and one of the best restaurants is just 2 doors down. Previous people complained that the elevator was slow. I didn't find that to be true. This hotel had great service and was comfortable to stay in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed in a number of 4 & 5-star hotels across the US and Canada. While I like them I have a soft spot for boutique hotels that have charm over polish. The Belvedere is one of those boutique hotels that reminds me why I like them. The 1920's building shows that it has been around for awhile, but has had love applied to it. The staff is excellent! We were greeted with professionalism and warmth. Each staff member met us with a smile and a yes Sir/No Sir. Our room was 1719, top floor, King Executive. Like others have said it has marble hall and marble bathroom. Room has a Ref., microwave, coffee maker and sink which is nice to store soda's and misc snacks. The room was a good size for NYC standards. The bathroom was on the smaller size, but the mirrored walls give it a bigger feel. Does it have a lot of bathroom storage space? No, however, there is a stand-up shelf in the hallway that is perfect for all your bathroom items. Each room has a safe to store you valuable items. The AC was effective and easy to control. Many say it doesn't keep the room cool if you close the curtains. Our room had black out shades that meant we did not have to close the full curtain. For me, letting the sunshine in the window as a wake-up is so much better then any alarm clock. ONLY small issue was with the TV. We did have to turn it on by the button on the side. We had a service man up, but decided to keep the tv that was in the room. He offered many times to replace it. If the TV is that big of an issue in NYC then you are not doing the city right. Maid service was effective and the room was cleaned each and every day with plenty of towels, etc. The bed was WONDERFUL!! My wife had not slept that well in a long time. Tip is to Tip! Tips are the lifeblood of the service industry in NY so tip first and often and you will see the best service available. If you buy a metro pass use that as a final tip for the staff. It is an excellent final tip and always appreciated. We did not eat at the hotel with Amy's bread being just a few blocks down the street. You get use to the fire trucks going out on call on 8th Ave. It is just part of the charm of NY life. 48th is a great headquarters to see any part of the city with taxis available and 3 subway stations just a short walk away. Riding the Q will take you from Queens to Coney Island and land you right back at Time's Square with no issue. The Belvedere will see us again and at under $300.00/night it is a great deal for the quality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Belvedere hotel was very good the rooms were big we had two very large beds,the housekeeping was excellent.the staff was very nice and helpful.the breakfast was very very good
You could eat as much as you liked.If we went back to New York we would definitely stay at the
Belvedere .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Isabela, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed with my husband and son and the overall service was great. Rooms we're clean, comfortable beds, awesome shower. It is in a great location with easy access to Times Square, Central Park and great restaurants. Rooms were small but I would stay again. Also very quiet- you would not know you were a couple of blocks from Times Square.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Belvedere for 3 nights while attending a seminar. First, I was met by a bell staff (David, I think) who not only took care of my luggage, but anticipated my needs as well. He was very personable and immediately went to get additional bags so that I could unload all the shoes I had thrown in the trunk of my car. I arrived at the hotel at 7 am for a 4pm check in (don't ask..) and had to freshen up before my seminar. The hotel secured my luggage and parked my car so that I could get breakfast if I wanted, and not be late attending the seminar. It was great not having to worry about parking in NYC.

The front desk attendant was very pleasant. I told her my husband will be joining me a few days later and she immediately took his information incase he came while I was away.This way, they would give him a key for the room.

I was constantly asked if there was anything else they could do for me. Well, the time finally came when my husband and I were heading out for a walk and I said yes. "Is there a cooler where I could refill my water bottle', I asked one of the front desk staff (I wish I remembered his name) he said "no" and asked where we were from. He then asked if I would try the water from the faucet; I was hesitant but I prefer not to buy bottled water and he assured me that NYC water was good. He then took my bottle and went away to refill it for me. He could have directed me to a faucet somewhere in the building and that was what I expected him to do, but they went above and beyond my expectations.
It's the little things that matters most.
Well done!

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the hotel and was very quiet. Easily forget about the chaos two blocks aw...