“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Belvedere

You added The Belvedere to your Saves list
The Belvedere
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   319 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Ranked #190 of 455 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Belvedere hotel was very good the rooms were big we had two very large beds,the housekeeping was excellent.the staff was very nice and helpful.the breakfast was very very good
You could eat as much as you liked.If we went back to New York we would definitely stay at the
Belvedere .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Isabela, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed with my husband and son and the overall service was great. Rooms we're clean, comfortable beds, awesome shower. It is in a great location with easy access to Times Square, Central Park and great restaurants. Rooms were small but I would stay again. Also very quiet- you would not know you were a couple of blocks from Times Square.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed at the Belvedere for 3 nights while attending a seminar. First, I was met by a bell staff (David, I think) who not only took care of my luggage, but anticipated my needs as well. He was very personable and immediately went to get additional bags so that I could unload all the shoes I had thrown in the trunk of my car. I arrived at the hotel at 7 am for a 4pm check in (don't ask..) and had to freshen up before my seminar. The hotel secured my luggage and parked my car so that I could get breakfast if I wanted, and not be late attending the seminar. It was great not having to worry about parking in NYC.

The front desk attendant was very pleasant. I told her my husband will be joining me a few days later and she immediately took his information incase he came while I was away.This way, they would give him a key for the room.

I was constantly asked if there was anything else they could do for me. Well, the time finally came when my husband and I were heading out for a walk and I said yes. "Is there a cooler where I could refill my water bottle', I asked one of the front desk staff (I wish I remembered his name) he said "no" and asked where we were from. He then asked if I would try the water from the faucet; I was hesitant but I prefer not to buy bottled water and he assured me that NYC water was good. He then took my bottle and went away to refill it for me. He could have directed me to a faucet somewhere in the building and that was what I expected him to do, but they went above and beyond my expectations.
It's the little things that matters most.
Well done!

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the hotel and was very quiet. Easily forget about the chaos two blocks aw...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Limassol Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is very well located on a relatively quiet street, very close to the attractions. Walking distance of Moma etc.This was my third visit, each time I have been given an entirely different room. This time I had an Executive Queen, it was a little small but good. It is worth paying for their executive rooms as some of their basic rooms are disappointing as I found out on a previous occasion, they also have free wifi, the standard rooms do not. The staff were professional and seemed more friendly on this visit. The concierge was very helpful, and seemed more approachable than the previous ones I encountered. All New York hotels in this area are expensive, but this one has character. I recommend the Patzeria bar and restaurant a couple of doors away for room service, takeaways and eating in.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be different, I have had three entirely different rooms on each of my visits...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a hotel that is on a quiet street but just blocks from the action - Time Square, theatre district, subway, central park. There is a small kitchen area with microwave, bar fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom is small but adequate and the room is quite large by New York standards. The nightly wine and snacks were great if you are around between 5 pm and 6 pm. The concierge service is very helpful and available throughout the day. The staff are very pleasant and agreeable.

This was the perfect place to explore the city. Check out the Brazilian bar and restaurant on the corner of 48 Street and 8 Ave for live music. The Citi bike stand is just around the corner on 49 and is a very convenient way to get downtown. On 8th and 9th there are separated bike lanes (we even rode through Time Square which is only recommended for the brave since people spill into the bike lanes and they disappear from time to time!)

I was annoyed that you had to pay for Wifi even in the lobby area. It is slightly cheaper than most hotels and includes all your devices so it is reasonable but not providing free wifi seems cheap these days! I was given one day complimentary because I complained.

Room Tip: The higher the better. We were located right next the elevator and it was no problem - no noise and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New Freedom, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed for one night in June and overall our experience was good. We especially liked the location...walking distance to the Theater District and Times Square, but not on busy, noisy street. The rooms were clean, but nothing spectacular. Rooms could use an upgrade, and the mattresses were not the highest quality. Service was ok.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel gets a four rating because of the spacious room with microwave, refrigerator and coffe/the maker. In New York you have to pay a fortune if you want a room of this size but at Belvedere you get it for an affordable prize. We trevelled with one child (6 years) and there was space for him to have toys and play.
The location is perfect, short walk to Times Square and the subway is around the corner.

The drawbacks is the small bathroom and the shower,, Its small very small. And the hotel is a bit old so the windows isn't enough isolated. The room got a bit cold (stayed im March)
But this is New York and the rooms in NY is often not bigger than a shoebox so for families this was perfect. Together with the price I think it's one of the better places to stay.
And if you like breakfast the hotel have a good and pretty well selcted breakfast.

Room Tip: Chose the larger room if you are travveling with children (executive room)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Belvedere? Share your experiences!