This is a hotel that is on a quiet street but just blocks from the action - Time Square, theatre district, subway, central park. There is a small kitchen area with microwave, bar fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom is small but adequate and the room is quite large by New York standards. The nightly wine and snacks were great if you are around between 5 pm and 6 pm. The concierge service is very helpful and available throughout the day. The staff are very pleasant and agreeable.
This was the perfect place to explore the city. Check out the Brazilian bar and restaurant on the corner of 48 Street and 8 Ave for live music. The Citi bike stand is just around the corner on 49 and is a very convenient way to get downtown. On 8th and 9th there are separated bike lanes (we even rode through Time Square which is only recommended for the brave since people spill into the bike lanes and they disappear from time to time!)
I was annoyed that you had to pay for Wifi even in the lobby area. It is slightly cheaper than most hotels and includes all your devices so it is reasonable but not providing free wifi seems cheap these days! I was given one day complimentary because I complained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc