I'll start with the pros:-
Good position, near Times Sq, several subways close by, room’s quite nice decor and clean, pleasant lobby.
First room had adjoining door to next, we were woken at 6am by children in other room and could hear all conversations like it was in our room. We were moved to 11th floor but still had issues with noise, the windows do not block out the constant noise of NYC, it was like sleeping with the window open, I used ear plugs for the whole stay. The air conditioner could not be used at night as that was noisy too.
Housekeeping constantly forgot to replace things in room (cups, coffee, towels and flannels).
Bellboys passing on luggage from one to another and all expecting tips.
No free internet, $15 a day, come on, Starbucks, McDonalds and $50 motels give that free !
Biggest insult was $10 bill for telephone calls, all to toll free number - I used a dialling card service to call UK through the toll free number - total cost of calls to UK $1.20 but these robbers charged me $10 for using the room telephone - rip off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc