We recently visited New York City and stayed at The Belvedere Hotel for 7 nights. It's an older hotel and shows its age a little bit, but overall we were very happy with the hotel for the price we paid.
We stayed in an executive King room. The room was clean and spacious, and we had a little kitchenette. We also had free Wifi in the room! The staff was very friendly and welcoming. When we got to our room we had a minor problem with the room safe not functioning. We called the front desk and a manager was at the door in five minutes and it was promptly fixed. The concierge was quite helpful. Make use of this resource for some good restaurant suggestions and reservations for places near the hotel.
The location of this hotel is FANTASTIC! It's two blocks from Times Square to the east, and half a block from Hell's Kitchen to the west which is full of amazing eateries and bakeries. It's also close to several subway and bus lines.
There was an old window a/c unit in the room which was kind of noisy. It actually helped block out the New York street noise of honking and sirens so it didn't bother me all that much. I did enjoy the fact that we could not hear other guests in neighbouring rooms like you do in newer, paper-thin-wall chain hotels. Some people have mentioned uncomfortable beds in previous reviews. We were in an upgraded executive room, and our bed was quite comfortable. The pillows weren't great, but not so bad that it kept me up at night.
One minor inconvenience: the elevators. They are small, slow, busy, and usually filled to capacity. At peak times we had to wait several minutes for the elevator and then cram in with a large group of people for the ride up. A couple of times we had to wait for the second or third trip of the elevator due to large groups of other guests waiting ahead of us. In the grand scheme of things, this is really minor and wouldn't stop me from staying here again.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends, and I would stay here again the next time I'm in New York City!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and getaroom.com so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc