.My first stay in July 2012 was in an Executive Room and it was excellent and I reviewed it very positively. This year, July 2013 as I was alone and only staying for 4 nights I booked a standard room, what they refer to as a king size double. I assumed the standard would be the same but on a smaller scale. The bed was very comfortable, the room itself satisfactory but worn in places with a noisy a/c, but the bathroom was definitely 2 star. It looked 1970s. I paid 1,153 dollars in total for 4 nights and did not even get shower gel or a robe.
As I plan to visit New York again I asked at reception if this was typical of their standard rooms. The receptionist said that all the rooms were different and that some had not been renovated. She suggested that I left feedback as the management took it seriously. I completed the feedback card but have heard nothing in the two weeks that followed.
I asked if I could ask for a particular floor in the hotel next time that would give me a better room one of her colleagues told me in a very arrogant manner that if I did not book an Executive Room I could have the same standard again. I was disappointed with that response.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc