“Great hotel great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Belvedere

You added The Belvedere to your Saves list
The Belvedere
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   319 West 48th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #207 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Belvedere for 7 nights. My first contact was through a phone conversation from Australia with Ceasar in reservations as there had been an issue with my online booking dates. Ceasar fixed my problem quickly and effectively honoring the online rate I had booked I was impresssed and looking forward to our stay. Once we checked in at 3am we were glad we booked here. It's quiet ( we were on the 3rd floor) and our room was clean and comfortable. The air conditioning was noisy so we turned it off at night. The elevators were slow but we used the stairs.The location was ideal walking distance to Times Square, Broadway, Central park , Hells kitchen and the subway. I would recommend this hotel as a great base for your stay in New York.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My sisters and i stayed here on our first ever trip to New York City and was very happy and impressed. The elevators were a little out of date and small, but the rooms were nice and roomy and the location was perfect for us.
The room fit the three of us comfortably and I could lie in bed and look out the window and look into Times Square which as a bonus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

we stayed at the Belvedere in 2012 for 4 nights. Nice Hotel, clean rooms, although bathroom rather small. Only 5 minute walk to Times Square!! Several good restaurants next door. Price is a bargain considering the location. We'd go there again if we plan a NYC trip. Look out for special 20% off deals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time I go to this hotel, and the location is almost perfect, can walk to subway with few minutes, ton of restaurant around, shopping is all over the place. Room is nice and clean, has all the things that you expect.
The only thing that I don't like is the elevator is too small and only 2 is available, if you are in the middle floor, you might wait long long time. And the check in might be 4pm sharp.

Room Tip: either the top floor or the lower one that you can walk.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

From all the reviews I read, I was under the impression that Times Square would be within walking distance but I didn't realise how close...it's pretty much a 2minute walk from all the action. The hotel isn't the fanciest I've stayed in but it has everything you need and the staff are extremely helpful, especially considering we had trouble with our travel agent back in Australia stuffing up our booking! Thanks Enita and Ann for your kindness. The bed was an extremely comfortable place to rest your weary body after NY sucks all the energy from you but other than sleeping there's really no need to be in your hotel in NY. I would definitely stay here on my next visit and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view maybe cause that's the only disappointment I found was that I didn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
North Hampton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I did find this hotel to be nice, clean and comfortable. Like others said, the elevator is a problem, luckily I was on the 5th floor so the stairs were not too big of deal. I didn't spend much time there, but I was very comfortable when getting back to room late at night. Everyone was very nice and helpful. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant just steps away that we enjoyed, especially our 9 year old, they paid him a lot of attention and he liked that (as did we)! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Lower floor so you can use the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Maryville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at the Belvedere for 4 nights in early October 2012. The location was great for walking to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza and Central Park. Access to the subway is also nearby. Hotel room was clean and staff was courteous. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family