We spent a week in New York mid April 2013.
Having stayed in West 48th street previously, but one avenue nearer Times Square, we were happy with the location, although we would not like to have gone any further West as we feel the quality decreases as you move back away from Times Square.
The staff in The Belvedere were very attentive and helpful and the rooms we had, one at the back and one at the front of the building, were both good but varied quite a bit.
Our friends were at the back and had a larger room with a larger bathroom and the room had been updated. Ours was not as updated, was smaller and had a smaller bathroom but WOW, did we have a view, especially at night!!
The location meant that within a couple of minutes walk we were smack in the middle of Times Square, one of the best known city areas in the world.
One draw back of being at the front is the proximity to the Fire House, which received a call every single morning early on, so noise was a bit of an issue. A the back they didn't seem to hear this. That said, at the back they had a view of roof tops (we were on the 17th floor).
Didn't try the restaurant as New York has so many places to eat that it would not have felt right to stay in the hotel.
Lifts were a bit of an issue as, despite there being 4 lifts feeding our floor, they always seemed to take an age to arrive.
In your room you will find a small kitchen with kitchen sink, fridge, coffee machine and microwave, however you will not find a cup (other than a cardboard one) you will not find a plate, a knife or even a spoon. We asked at reception if we could at least have a tea spoon and they brought us a couple of plastic spoons.
If you want a proper cup, do what we did and get a couple of mugs from a shop just to the right when you turn onto Times Square for $2.99 each.
The concierge was also very helpful to us, pointing out that it would be cheaper for the four of us to get a Taxi to the airport when we enquired about the hotel shuttle.
I was disappointed to find that wifi access would have cost nearly $11 for one day.
Overall, I think the hotel was a good choice and I would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc