Thank you Belvedere.
My family and I visit NYC very often, but at this time I decided to stay in The Belvedere Hotel mainly because of the kitchenette. In the beginning, I booked an Executive room for 4, after reading many reviews from Trip Advisor, which indicated that the Executive room was much better. Before going to travel, I found a super last minute offer for a Deluxe room. Even though being aware how superior the Executive room was, we decided to save a lot and grab this offer.
We arrived early and... GREAT! We got our room immediately. The location was excellent at 319 W 48th St, surrounded by many interesting restaurants, delis, and a very good supermarket, The Food Emporium.
Our Deluxe room was dated, it's undeniable, but was a good size for NYC standards, the cleanness wasn't exactly excellent, but it was ok. The kitchenette was very tiny, had no utensils, but a sink, a good size empty fridge and a microwave, which were very, very useful for our supplies.
Unfortunately, we arrived October 28, the day of the Superstorm Sandy and because of this NYC would stop at 7:00 pm and everything would close for safety. We were advised to go immediately to the supermarket to buy water and supplies, because nobody knew what would happen. When we arrived in the supermarket, we realized how serious was the situation. Long lines, many shelves empty, people grabbing as much as possible to stock up. That was very worrisome to us. We had no idea that a hurricane could disrupt our trip. The next day, NYC stopped. The Belvedere hotel was our safe place to stay. There was enough room for our needs and the facilities were perfectly adequate. By the way, the fitness center was very nice too.The staff, even though stuck in the hotel as well, was there with professionalism all the time to help us. The concierge was very helpful, providing us good advice. They were brilliant.
We had to delay our departure once, but it wasn't enough. When we tried to do it again, there was a waiting list with 15 people that wanted to do the same. The hotel was very busy. People couldn't check out because all of the airports remained closed. New Yorkers due to the power outage, lack of hot water and heat went to the hotels. At this time, the hotels were sold out because of the people running in the NYC Marathon which hadn't been canceled at this time. They had already made reservations and they were eager to get to their hotel. How frustrating it was. Booking, Expedia, Hotels, Otel, Hotwire, Agoda and so on that used to offer hundreds hotels, all were sold out. It was scary to us, what to do? Sleepless night, jitters... We felt very vulnerable.
Luckily, the Belvedere's staff did a great job and we could stay.
Thank you Belvedere for all the effort to bring back our well-being. Thank you for all your professionalism and for having such a competent staff in the hotel during this hard time.
We are looking forward to staying in the Belvedere again on our next vocation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc