I cannot say enough good things about The Belvedere. The service at the front desk was top notch, Ilianna was the best and was very accommodating when I asked for a room on a higher floor with a view. The beautifully decorated Executive King room I was given on the 15th floor had a nice view with windows that open. The room was spacious and everything was brand new (not refurbished) as they recently remodeled. The room was incredibly clean and quiet, even though it was directly across from the elevators. I never once heard any noise from the hallway as the actual bedroom is set down a long hallway away from the door. I did hear a little noise from the room next to mine, but that was only because the people in there were shouting. Luckily, it only lasted a few minutes, otherwise it was quiet. The bed was a little soft for my liking but provided a good night’s rest. The room was equipped with a little kitchenette/bar area with coffee maker (including coffee, cups, sweetners, etc.), sink, microwave, and fridge. Very nice, well lit closet with plenty of storage space, a safe large enough for a laptop, iron, and ironing board. There was a working desk with a great chair and lighting, wired and wireless internet, good sized LCD television, a small table with 2 chairs, and another larger chair on the other side of the room. The bathroom was small but one of the cleanest I’ve seen at a hotel, and the water pressure and temperature were perfect. The hotel does not offer in-house room service, however, they have partnered with a few restaurants in the area that will deliver right to your room door for a very small fee (under $3). Patzeria is one of them and the food was very good and pretty cheap. There is also a great market around the corner, The Food Emporium, where you can pick up just about anything you need. I absolutely have to have cream in my morning coffee, so I picked up a small carton for the fridge along with some fruit and yogurt for breakfast. They have lots of prepared foods and baked goods as well, if you’re not looking to order from delivery menus. I have read several reviews here where people have complained about slow elevator service, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that the elevators were anything but slow, tiny and oddly shaped, but not slow. Perhaps they have serviced the elevators since those reviews were written, but I never waited more than a minute for an elevator...and I was in and out of the hotel many times during my stay. I would absolutely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc