- Great location
- Big rooms
- Lots of light and stuff to see in upper rooms (see photo)
- Staff pleasant (though with the usual expectation that even a non-service should be tipped. Not blaming the hotel; that's New York in general)
- Cheap (for New York)
- Quiet (my room was adjacent to the lifts, and this wasn't a problem)
- Deep down filth. See photos. If the space under the bed had been cleaned once in the last year I'd be surprised. I only checked because my eyes were streaming. It really was disgusting.
- Rip off broadband. 10 bucks a day for "high speed" internet. I tested it: sub-0.5 megs at one point, 1.2 megs max. "Help desk", based in Seattle, said "oh, I can see lots of people are using it, like that was just something I just had to deal with
- Not enough lifts. See other reviewers' comments.
- Tired decor, scuffed furniture
- If you were on the top floor, you'd have to travel 17 floors to get ice (in THOSE lifts!)
I'm fine with the lift situation, helpfully pointed out by other reviewers before I booked. That won't change - it would be a multi-million dollar building project, and that's not going to happen. I'm not fine with the broadband shame. If you're going to use broadband costing cents-per-day at wholesale as an opportunity to sting guests, that's bad enough. But when it's advertised as high-speed but isn't good enough to stream even a low-def video - that's not acceptable. Fix it.
The deep down dirt: I notice that the general manager has been good about coming on tripadvisor to explain things. But god knows what he's going to say about the filthy carpets. Because there can be absolutely no excuse. So don't bother explaining it. Just fix it for future guests.
- Also Known As:
- The Belvedere Hotel New York City
- The Belvedere Hotel
- Belvedere New York City
- Belvedere Hotel New York
- Belvedere Hotel New York City
- Belvedere Hotel
- Belvedere New York
- Belvedere Hotel Nyc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of New York City’s theater district, The Belvedere Hotel in Manhattan is a hidden jewel within walking distance of Broadway’s best theaters. Built during the 1920’s Art Deco period, The Belvedere Hotel impresses guests with its elegant ambiance and comfortable lodging accommodations, all complemented by a friendly and helpful staff. The Belvedere’s spacious rooms, earthy tones, and endless amenities provide a relaxing retreat from the bright lights of the big city.The Belvedere’s central location in midtown Manhattan offers easy access to the best the Big Apple has to offer, including Broadway shows, fine dining, unparalleled shopping, and historic landmarks. Whether you’re traveling to New York City for business or pleasure, this luxurious hotel has something for everyone. Its room service, dining options, fitness center, business center, and special offers will make your stay at The Belvedere a central part of what is sure to be an unforgettable visit to New York City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Belvedere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.