We had the adventure of lifetime replete with astonishing restaurant cuisine, impossible to acquire theatre/event tickets and special psychic touches that could only be achieved if they had scanned our minds.
This hotel delivers on its promises; from the quality and depth of our comfort and sleep, to the exceptional attention to detail in catering to our every whim. The utter elegance and serenity of this property exceeded our expectations. For the very first time in our experience a hotel has measured up to the glamorousness portrayed in its website's photography.
We took the opportunity to try out both the salon and one-bedroom suite and were so very glad we did. Depending on the mix of quiet time we needed in the room to work, doll-up time to prep for nights out and sleep time to recover from each, the premises fulfilled every conceivable requirement.
The concierges managed every detail, suggestion and/or change with, given all that we poured into our 10 day stay, what must have been a cast of hundreds behind the scenes. How did they produce so many rabbits from so few hats? The staff worked seamlessly and no detail was unimportant or disregarded.
Work/Play Highlights important to us:
Wifi is available for daily/weekly fees & carries a very strong/uninterrupted signal strength (free 3G is great, too)
Rooms have a great desk area for plug-ins and computer equipment that can be easily hidden area if you’d like to entertain friends or wish to maintain the elegance of the room’s décor (bartendar is available to mix cocktails in your room!)
Suites have a table/chairs, in addition to a very comfy living room, to accommodate work materials if, like many of us, you need to work whether you’re on vacation or staying a little more time in NYC after a meeting or conference
The concierge desk is THE best we have ever encountered, anywhere. We like to travel to see theatre and so we know many brokerages in New York and London but The Surrey Hotel’s team has access to a level of theatre/event tickets that is beyond any we’ve experienced. How they managed first 3-5 rows orchestra for 4 different Broadway shows at a moments notice is something I shall continue to enjoy for years to come! Their current bead on restaurants city wide is extraordinary and whether you’re familiar with the scene or not, their advice is flawless.
The location and size of The Surrey is also what sets it apart from other hotels. We just never realized what we were missing until we stayed there. Central Park is ½ block away so is The Whitney! You’re far enough away and close enough to… Loved walking this wonderfully serene neighborhood with its chic shops and elegant boutiques, hand-in-hand with organic cafes and one-of-a-kind bakeries. The perfect size of this hotel is perhaps is deepest strength; small enough to ensure that feeling of individual luxury and large enough to get the job done right when is counts most.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional moments at The Surrey extend well beyond your accommodations. Whether you prefer entertaining in the garden, indulging in a relaxing massage at Cornelia Spa or dining at your favorite table at Café Boulud, personality and personal preferences inform our service from the moment you make your reservation. Upon booking a suite at The Surrey, guests will receive the Complimentary Suite Program which includes complimentary wireless Internet, daily international newspaper, shoe shine, and a Surrey welcome amenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo, Splendia, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City