Stayed at the Surrey with my boyfriend who were doing some business in nyc. We have stayed at hotels in the city four times this year, and I haven't been quite happy with the other hotels. I will try to write an honest review, and explain why I was so pleased with The Surrey.
First, the location is suberb, if you want to live uptown, close to the park. Earlier we stayed right in midtown, which I find tiiring after a few days. Still, a short cab ride, or a ride with the subway, took you wherever you wanted to go. Also, I loved strolling up park avenue and looking into the cutest butique shops and restaurants around the hotel.
We checked in late at night, but were given a warm welcome. There were a few people at the desk, and they were asking us which country we came from, how our trip went and so on. And they acctually seemed to care about it.
My boyfriends company uses a travelagency to book all their trips, and they tend to mess the reservations up. So offcourse our the really nice guy at the reception did not find our booking. But he made no fuss. And also gave us the uppertunity to upgrade to a suite for a very good deal. We accepted.
Another man showed us to our room, and explained how everything worked.
The room was fantastic. Elegant and modern. Huge, clean and had that warm feeling I always look after in a hotel room. I am into interior design, and LOVED it. We had a separate livingroom, with storagespace, a comfy sofa and a lovely cabinet with a large tv inside. The cabinet, looked like it was hand painted. Bedroom: Large bed, clothing storage, and a beautiful twist of colours. Also a large tv. And the bathroom was large. Huge tub and shower, with delicate colours. So no doubt about loving the room.
We both slept good, the room and the AC was quiet.
Other than that, I felt like home the entire stay (about a week). Every time I came to the reception, they smiled and chatted if they feeled like you were into that. They made me feel like a special guest. Service was like that all the time, with all the different people that worked at the hotel. They always went out of their way to help us with dinner reservations and trips. And did not take any extra credit for it either.
And since the park was just a couple of blocks away, I used to take a book and sit there and have breakfast. It was 95degrees. Also The Surrey have a roof top terrace, beautifully decorated, which served some simple food, and lovely drinks. Try out the strawberrykiwi limonade:)
You just have to go and experience this! Finally I can relax, I have found my New York hotel for life:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional moments at The Surrey extend well beyond your accommodations. Whether you prefer entertaining in the garden, indulging in a relaxing massage at Cornelia Spa or dining at your favorite table at Café Boulud, personality and personal preferences inform our service from the moment you make your reservation. Upon booking a suite at The Surrey, guests will receive the Complimentary Suite Program which includes complimentary wireless Internet, daily international newspaper, shoe shine, and a Surrey welcome amenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jetsetter, Orbitz, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City