“A fine-tuned boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Night
Ranked #18 of 449 hotels in New York City
Chicago
“A fine-tuned boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

The staff is incredible. The bar has a really good and esoteric cocktail list. The design is very interesting. It is located in the heart of Upper East Side and one step from Central Park. Only downside: huge pillows, I like small ones.

Very lovely stay

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, April 5, 2010
Dear Mencaji,

Thank you very much for staying at the Surrey and thank you for submitting a review.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your Surrey experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Until then, my best to you.

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I stayed with my girflfriend in "The Surrey Hotel" in March 2010.
It's a beautiful hotel located close to Central Park ( one block -5minutes ) in the Upper East Side.
Near the hotel there is the subway ( line 6 ).
Excellent staff, especially the concierge staff and reception.
Rooms are beautiful and clean.
Breakfast is very good.
I'm a travel agent and I have been in many hotels in the world and I can confirm you that The Surrey is one of the best in NYC.
Thanks to all The Surrey's staff for their assistance and help for my journey in NYC.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, April 2, 2010
Dear Giammy77,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your review of your experience.
My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am delighted to read that we could provide you a great expereince and that my staff could help enhance your stay in NYC. We look forward to your return.

Please feel free to call on us for any assistance when planning your next visit.

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at the Surrey twice in the last month and have found a new gem! The hotel is located on a lovely side street off Madison Avenue on the Upper East side (76th). Upon arrival, the staff is welcoming and very personal. The lobby is serene and soft (quite different from the Mark Hotel around the corner). I especially love the inlaid mosaic floor - beautiful.

We stayed both nights in a Grande deluxe room with a separate living room, but even the regular rooms are lovely. Everything is decorated in a soft gray palette with lots of white and gray marble. The rooms are so quiet that you can't believe you're in NYC! The only side note is that on our last stay this week they were working on building something on the penthouse floor - maybe a rooftop lounge, and the construction was ongoing from 9 -5 pm both days. I only noticed because we were on the 16th floor.

I ordered room service for breakfast and was shocked when i was told it would arrive within 30 minutes, but would try to get it there sooner. 15 minutes later ( I kid you not), a beautiful breakfast arrived from Cafe Boulud! It was hot, and they did not miss a thing!

We have eaten at Daniel's restaurant, Cafe Boulud (adjoining to the hotel), which is spectacular and I highly recommend trying it. I have had cocktails in the Hotel bar. It is very dark and clubby. Done is beautiful grays and black, with a modern, seductive feel. I would also recommend going around the corner to The Mark for a drink. The bar is very cool and happening, but I would not recommend Jean Georges at the Mark. It was ok, but really nothing special. We had the Roast chicken for two, which someone had recommended and it was dry and very blah. There are much better places at that price - one being Cafe Boulud!

The staff was terrific at the Surrey and all seemed to be trying very hard to make everyone's stay, their best experience ever. They offer you bottled water as you leave for your outing and for your trip home. A lovely warm towel greeted us upon our check-in and I noticed constant attention to the smallest details while staying there.

The Surrey is my new favorite and we have stayed all over NYC as my husband works in the city and we try to spend two nights a month there. Run to make your reservation - it is the best deal in town right now!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Swadama, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Dear Travllots,

Thank you for choosing the Surrey, and I appreciate the wonderful comments about your stay experience.

My name is Spencer Wadama, General Manager. I am excited to share your comments with my staff. It great to hear from our guests that the hard work and commitment they are making everyday is achieveing the results we strive for.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit and until then, wish you the best.

Thank you again.

Been to The Surrey? Share your experiences!