I'm in New York frequently and like to stay on the Upper East Side. I've tried all of the smaller hotels in that neighborhood at some point, but since finding The Surrey, I won't shop around anymore. The rooms are really nice without being over the top - neutral colors, comfortable, great bathroom. Cafe Boulud is off the lobby and provides room service. It would be one of my favorite restaurants even if it weren't in the hotel. There's a very nice, quiet bar, although it was closed for a private event one night, and a terrific roof deck. The location is perfect - right off Central Park and walking distance to the Whitney and Met. The best thing about the hotel, however, is the staff. Everyone I encountered was unusually pleasant, efficient and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional moments at The Surrey extend well beyond your accommodations. Whether you prefer entertaining in the garden, indulging in a relaxing massage at Cornelia Spa or dining at your favorite table at Café Boulud, personality and personal preferences inform our service from the moment you make your reservation. Upon booking a suite at The Surrey, guests will receive the Complimentary Suite Program which includes complimentary wireless Internet, daily international newspaper, shoe shine, and a Surrey welcome amenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere, Splendia, Tingo, Otel, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , MrandMrsSmith, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City