I am a very detailed oriented hotel guest. Small things mean everything to me. When you pay $800+ a night plus room service, bar tabs, dinner etc you expect quite a bit more from a hotel. Our room was 1404. Great because it accommodated 3 guests beautifully. A large bathroom for 3 ladies and a great sitting area that we used quite a bit. The details that were missed. Room cleanliness was ok. Not great looked hurried. No coffee maker. Had to call for ice. Not enough bath products. Ice Cold cream when ordering coffee. This detail annoyed me to no end. I asked for it everytime I ordered but they just didn't get it. I stay at Relais Chateau hotel group for a reason. Because of the attention to detail. In every way. The bar was wonderful and who could ever say anything wrong about a Daniel restaurant? Not me...But, I enjoy getting breakfast downstairs and that was not an option, I had to order room service and too many things were forgotten when I did order. Which is quite bothersome. I typically stay at St. Regis and/or Plaza Athenee on my visits. I do not get charged for Internet for my stay no matter what package I purchase. It is a lovely hotel and staff is polite. Not perfection but few can compare to St Regis in fact only 4 others around the world come to mind. I loved the area. I will say for NYC the room was large and well done. Beds beautifully done and very comfortable. Choose suite with fireplace at least. And a high floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional moments at The Surrey extend well beyond your accommodations. Whether you prefer entertaining in the garden, indulging in a relaxing massage at Cornelia Spa or dining at your favorite table at Café Boulud, personality and personal preferences inform our service from the moment you make your reservation. Upon booking a suite at The Surrey, guests will receive the Complimentary Suite Program which includes complimentary wireless Internet, daily international newspaper, shoe shine, and a Surrey welcome amenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Expedia, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey New York City