“Pure Class” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Pure Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Spent three nights at The Surrey for Birthday celebrations and found the entire experience fabulous, great location, excellant rooms and amenities, one very cool bar and one of the best hotel beds I have ever slept on. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay with us. We are honored to have been a part of your special birthday celebration.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many regards from our idyllic Upper East Side location and spacious guest accommodations to our custom Duxiana bedding and bespoke Mitchell and Peach amenities.

I concur that Coco Chanel inspired Bar Pleiades is one of our most special attributes.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and to celebrate your birthday next year. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Turkish first
Storrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

WE have just returned from spending 5 nights here at the Surrey in NYC.
The staff are first class and very welcoming and always call you by your name, which we thought was a very nice touch. Special mention must go the gentleman on the door who are always polite and great at getting you a taxi or giving you directions.
The front of house staff are also very nice and nothing is too much trouble for them and they always made you welcome.
The room was very nice 2 large queen sized beds, large bathroom ( though I did think it was wrong having to pay extra for a bath)!!
The hotel is a sort of an Art Deco style , on 76th street and only 2 minutes walk from 5th Avenue and Central Park. Also Madison Ave is 2 mins the other way.
Been on 76th it is quiet away from all the noise, sometimes too far especially when walking .
The towels could do with changing as they were a bit hard and rough.
Would recommend this hotel if you want to be away from all the action "downtown" but the walk through Central Park steps from the hotel is amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a street view we were facing the air condition units
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent five night stay at The Surrey.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed our tranquil and idyllic Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park and famed Madison Avenue.

I am delighted that our inspiring Lauren Rottet design, spacious guest accommodations and bathrooms exceeded your expectations. Please know that our suite and accessible accommodations are appointed with soaking tubs.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized, intuitive and genuine service delivery and I am so pleased to learn that our entire team, most notably our Doormen and Guest Service Agents, were successful in achieving this with you.

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback regarding the texture of our towels. Please know that your feedback has been taken in the spirit intended and we will continue to remove any terry that is not plush and luxurious.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for my and my partners anniversary on my recent trip to NYC, the surrey is hands down the best hotel I have ever stayed in I would recommend this hotel to anyone, we were honestly treated like royalty.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to have been part of your special anniversary celebration.

We are truly humbled to be considered your hotel of choice in New York and I am delighted to learn that our team extended such gracious service to you and your partner.

I truly appreciate your advocacy of The Surrey and sincerely thank you for your word of mouth recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was looking for a "quiet" part of NYC to stay with my sound sensitive boy friend and The Surrey was perfect! It was quiet, service was impeccable and location on UES was great. Room was clean, beautiful and spacious. I wish the towels and linens were a bit softer but it did not deter my boy friend and I from deciding this is now our "go to" place to stay when visiting NYC. Loved it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location and that our inspiring Lauren Rottet design and spacious guest accommodations exceeded your expectations.

Thank you especially for highlighting the warm and gracious service extended to you by our entire team.

I was truly disappointed to learn that our towels and linens were too heavily starched for your comfort. Please know that we have since corrected this and will continue to monitor the quality of our linens.

We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back soon to your new home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My friend and I recently stayed at The Surrey for a few days. On the day we were due to fly home, my friend discovered that she had lost her passport. The staff were so helpful and caring, going out of their way to try to help. We ended up having to stay another night (luckily in the same room), renting a car and driving home to Montreal. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and professional. Special thanks to Shamar, Michael and Estephanie (I'm sorry if I've misspelled your names).
The Surrey is a beautifully appointed hotel with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The decor is gorgeous and the location is perfect. We even got to see them filming an episode of Law and Order SVU on the street one night. Exciting stuff. I would definitely stay here again and plan on returning with my husband and children. Thank you again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor from your recent stay at The Surrey.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location and that our inspiring Lauren Rottet design exceeded your expectations. I am thrilled that our custom Duxiana beds provided you with a most enjoyable night’s sleep.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized, intuitive and caring service delivery and I am so pleased that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you. I am so pleased that we were so diligent in assisting you and your friend through the stressful situation of misplacing their passport. Thank you especially for recognizing Ms Estefani Wexler and Mr Shamar Brown, Guest Service Agents, and Michael, our wonderful Concierge.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon to your new home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I was in the city for a conference at Mt Sinai. This location was great. It is a short trip to midtown. Central Park is close by.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and went out of their way to provide assistance and make the stay enjoyable.

The rooms are well appointed and the decor is very tasteful.

I recommend this hotel without any hesitation.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location steps from Central Park with convenient access to Midtown and that our spacious guest accommodations and inspiring Lauren Rottet design exceeded your expectations.

Thank you especially for highlighting the warm and gracious service extended to you by our entire team as I am so proud to learn that we were successful in curating a most enjoyable stay.

We truly thank you for your continued advocacy of The Surrey and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have stayed in a number of New York's best hotels and this one is our favourite for several reasons. The location is perfect for people who want to be away from the tourist traps of New York, but close to culture, museums, good shopping, and great restaurants. The rooms are lovely with excellent beds, linens, and decor. The staff is wonderful, but Pablo's warmth was a particular highlight. We were celebrating a special occasion and The Surrey contributed to a fantastic visit to New York.

We look forward to returning!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are honored to have been part of your special occasion.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic and tranquil Upper East Side location with close proximity to Museum Mile, famed Madison Avenue shopping and world renowned restaurants.

We are so pleased that our spacious guest accommodations, custom Duxiana bedding, Sferra linens and inspiring Lauren Rottet design exceeded your expectations.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized, genuine and intuitive service delivery and I am thrilled that our entire team, most notably Mr Pablo Castro, our wonderful Doorman, was successful in achieving this with you.

Shan Kanagasingham

Been to The Surrey? Share your experiences!