“Best Service in America (the world??? )” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Surrey

You added The Surrey to your Saves list
The Surrey
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 E. 76th Street, New York City, NY 10021 (Upper East Side)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Night
Ranked #18 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Laredo, TX
“Best Service in America (the world??? )”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I hate to write this review after only one night at the hotel but I've seen enough, this place has the best service I've seen in the US. From pre-arrival arrangements (and general awesomeness) with Michelle, to the uber-outstanding doorman team of Koko and Pablo, the incredible house driver Carlos, and everyone else this level of service is my new gold standard.

This hotel already boasts a plethora of phenomenal reviews so I won't bore readers with repeating all those innumerable, well deserved accolades. I'll just leave this one oft repeated albeit more personalized snippet: as my wife took her first shower she just giddily giggled throughout at how incredible the water pressure was--priceless.

I can't even imagine how much I'm going to love the hotel once I get to experience the roof top terrace in the Spring.

Bravo Surrey!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am so pleased to learn that our entire team achieved this with you. Thank you especially for recognizing Ms Michelle Paredes, Guest Relations Coordinator, Mr Koko Latt and Mr Pablo Castro, our wonderful doormen and Mr Carlos Ascensio, our House Car Driver for the outstanding and noteworthy service they provided to you.

I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations in so many other aspects and we continue to receive positive feedback on our water pressure.

I concur that our Private Roof Garden is one of our most special features. We, too, look forward to Spring when the Private Roof Garden will be available to all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

OMG!!! What a wonderful place!!!! From Pablo's super, happy, smile greeting us at the start of our stay to Brian meeting us this morning with a paper/water & coffee at 6:15-loaded our car-no worries-no problem-Both gentlemen!!! Staff is amazing and not snooty- All the concierges were great-Great-GREAT!!! No question too small and lovely to deal with. We had an adjoining suite which was absolutely lovely-always clean-beds turned town-lighting just right-every night! Went to the bar a few times-best "Old-fashioned" in NYC also had Christmas Eve dinner @ Cafe Boulud- WHAT A TREAT!!! Service top notch-Will be back soon! Thanks to Staff @ The Surrey for providing an awesome Christmas in NYC!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are thrilled to have been part of your special Christmas in New York City.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized, gracious and intuitive service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team achieved this with you. Thank you especially for recognizing Mr Pablo Castro and Mr Brian Conboy, our wonderful Doormen as well as our Concierge team.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our suite accommodations including the housekeeping services.

I concur that the culinary delights of Michelin Star Café Bould are a real treat and the cocktails, especially the ‘Old-Fashioned’, in Bar Pleiades are truly sublime.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Westchester, Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you love small, stylish, tasteful boutique hotels than The Surrey is for you. We came into the city for a romantic night away and this was absolutely perfect. The room was a nice size (although the bathroom was a little small) and the service was amazing. Overall, it was everything I've come to expect from a Relais and Chateaux.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are so pleased that you left us a little more in love than when you arrived.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our spacious guest accommodations and inspiring Lauren Rottet design to our meeting the Relais & Chateaux standards.

We pride ourselves on the personalized and intuitive service provided by our team members and I am so pleased that we were successful in achieving this with you.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been coming to the Surrey regularly for the past 7 years...it is always a real pleasure. I was particularly struck this time by the attentiveness of the staff. I bring my dog and everyone is always so friendly and kind to her. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in NY--and always recommend the Surrey--you are exceptional! The room is spacious and luxurious.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback as it is wonderful to hear from such a loyal guest as yourself.

I am so pleased to learn that we continue to exceed your expectations with the warm and personalized service provided to you and your pet; we always welcome our four-legged guests with open arms.

We truly appreciate your continued patronage and advocacy of The Surrey and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Belle Eglise, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very nice good hotel,
situation of hotel is excellent,
the concierge in this hotel is excellent. (thx to both Michael)!
all personell is very attending to Customer wishes in a very good way
quality of room is tip/top

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your most gracious feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey.

I am so proud to learn that we exceeded your expectations from our idyllic Upper East Side location to the quality of your accommodations.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized, intuitive and genuine service delivery and I am pleased that we have achieved this with you. Thank you especially for recognizing Mr Michael Cerrato and Mr Michael Bordenick, members of our wonderful Les Clefs D’Or Concierge team.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Recently had a fantastic stay at The Surrey and could not recommend it more highly. Prior to my stay I was sent an e-form to fill out with the option of stating if it was a special occasion. It was, so a free bottle of champagne was brought to my room with a note from the manager.
All of the staff, from the concierge and manager to the maid or doorman, were very friendly and helpful. The drive for customer service permeates the whole establishment.
The decor is 'modern cool' without being hipster pretentious. You know they are doing something right when a fairly sizeable bill feels like great value for money. I would go back to New York just to stay there.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at The Surrey. We are honored to have been part of your special occasion.

I am delighted that the personalized and intuitive service provided by our team members exceeded your expectations and that you found our passion for guest service noteworthy.

I concur that our inspiring Lauren Rottet design is one of our most special attributes.

We truly appreciate your continued advocacy and look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to New York.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Surrey hotel is a wonderful choice for a visit to NYC.It is upscale, and in a great location.From the moment you arrive are greeted by a fabulous staff, and they cant do enough to accommodate you..You feel welcomed and relaxed..

The accomodations are top notch, as is the comfortable bedding and amenities in the room.The dining is also a not to miss, and you must experience.

All the Couples were talking about how wonderful the spa experience was, and what a great choice for a special evening..

Hands down the Surrey is the place to stay for your viait to NYC

Room Tip: request a room with Park View