“A wonderful anniversary celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Night
Ranked #18 of 449 hotels in New York City
Summit, NJ
“A wonderful anniversary celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary in NYC and had such a lovely stay at The Surrey. We didn't know much about the hotel when we first made the reservation but any expectation we had for this "hidden gem" was far exceeded. The room was beautifully appointed, the bathroom stunning and the bed/linens were super comfy. The staff was beyond friendly and willing to help in any way and we were able to procure transportation to a Broadway show during a crazy traffic time thanks to the staff at The Surrey. It was a much needed get away to celebrate and The Surrey was a big part of our wonderful NYC experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your most gracious feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey. We are delighted to have been part of your special anniversary trip.

I am so proud to learn that we exceeded your expectations in so many ways. I am delighted that you enjoyed our inspiring Lauren Rottet design, custom Duxiana bedding, Sferra linens and Italian Carrara marble bathrooms.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am thrilled that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. In the interim, I remain at your service.

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel itself is terrific, but what stands out is the helpfullness and friendliness of the staff. The rooms are spotless, spacious and comfortable. The mattress was somewhat firm, however.
I left behind my iPhone charger and Petar, the manager, gave me his. I plan on making the Surrey my regular hotel when visiting NYC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey. I am thrilled that you have become a fan of us.

I am delighted that our spacious guest accommodations exceeded your expectations and our cleanliness standards continue to exceed guest expectations.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am so proud to learn that Mr Petar Krstic, Director of Front Office, was able to care for your needs by providing you with an iPhone charger on such short notice.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon to your new home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Surrey is an incredible hotel. The location is on point....a block away from Central Park and the subway. I stayed in the Grand Deluxe Salon King Room and it was impeccably appointed. I have never experienced a hotel room that comes complete with a bar stocked with full-size premium spirits. Not that you really need your own mini bar, as the hotel bar is superb.
The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was quiet. The Surrey is one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of staying in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled to be referred to as one of the best hotels you have stayed in.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location steps from Central Park with convenient access to New York City’s transportation resources.

I am also pleased that our tranquil Grand Deluxe Salon featuring inspiring Lauren Rottet design and custom Duxiana bedding exceeded your expectations. We are proud to offer premium spirits as past of our in-room cocktail program where a Surrey mixologist can prepare classic concoctions for you in the comfort of your salon or suite.

I concur that our Coco-Chanel inspired Bar Pleiades is a superb location to enjoy innovative libations.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Wonderful place. Brian and Rocky were particularly helpful to us making this a place we will return to on our next trip to The Big Apple.This location was especially good for us as we were able to get to all places of interest easily.
Also, a fabulous restaurant, Cafe Bouloud, was located right in the same location. Yum!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience with us.

We pride ourselves on providing our guest with personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am so proud to learn that our entire team, most notably our wonderful Doormen, Mr Brian Conboy and Mr Rocky Marmara were successful in achieving this with you. I have shared your feedback with Brian and Rocky and they were thrilled by your high praises.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location with convenient access to many of New York City’s places of interest.

I concur that the culinary delights of Michelin Star Café Boulud are sublime.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My staying at the Surrey was fairly pleasant. The hotel is located uptown, at walking distance from major shopping areas. The room was comfortable, bed and pillows comfy and soft, and the shower exceptionally powerful. The staff is very polite, especially Petar, the manager. At the check out there were minor misunderstandings and he did his best to solve the problem. I was really impressed with his professionalism and his willingness to help. Brian, the guy at the door was also very nice, always smiling and ready to offer his assistance.

On the downside: Café Boulud, the hotel’s restaurant. Breakfast is only à la carte, no buffet, and when we asked to substitute croissants with regular bread we were asked to pay 10$! Obviously we stayed with the croissants. Wifi connection is available for around 16$ a day. The air conditioning is a bit updated and it takes some noisy effort to get the temperature down. I would have appreciated a coffee maker in the room; I like to wake up in the morning sipping steaming coffee. Given the price of the rooms I think internet and coffee should be offered complimentary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location with close proximity to famed Madison Avenue shopping.

We are pleased that our comfortable guest accommodations featuring custom Duxiana bedding and pillows exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our oversized glass enclosed showers with strong water pressure.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with genuine and personalized service delivery and I am so proud to learn that our entire team most notably Mr Petar Krstic, Director of Front Office, and Mr Brian Conboy, Doorman, were successful in achieving this with you.

Despite these highlights, I was disappointed to hear that the offerings for breakfast in Café Boulud did not exceed your expectations. I have shared your feedback with Mr Dominique Paulin, General Manager and Mr Gavin Kaysen, Exeutive Chef so that we may address to prevent a future such occurrence.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the noise pollution you experienced with our air conditioning.

I am truly sorry that you felt inconvenienced by our Internet fees. As we periodically review our pricing for all services and amenities, we will take your feedback into consideration.

Please know that we provide coffee makers in guest accommodations upon request and will be happy to do so on your next visit.

Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

The Surrey is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at by far - such attentive service, beautiful design, clean, such comfortable beds, perfect location, all of the little details are taken care of...no complaints at all, I would recommend to anyone thinking about it!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing such gracious feedback from your stay at The Surrey. We are thrilled to be referred to as one of the best hotels you have ever stayed in.

We pride ourselves on the personalized and intuitive service provided by our team members and I am so pleased that we have exceeded your expectations.

I am also delighted that our inspiring Lauren Rottet design, tranquil Upper East Side location and custom Duxiana bedding allowed for your full enjoyment of The Surrey.

We truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a slight hiccough on checking inn which was promptly settled and therefore does not require further detail. What does warrant further discussion is the manner in which it was handled by Petar. Petar was professional, understanding and was focused on a positive outcome, all of which was achieved. We enjoyed our stay at the Surrey with its wonderful restaurant cafe Boulud.
The Hotel is perfectly located to Central Park, wonderful shopping in Madison Avenue and some great eateries in Lexington Avenue. The bed however, does require detailing, it is a dux bed and probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. I am heading straight to the nearest Dux store to investigate on my return home. The linen was crisp and of extremely high quality, I'm only sorry we only had 2 nights to enjoy it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher level and avoid room 311, located next to the external air conditionin...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location steps from Central Park with close proximity to famed Madison Avenue shopping and world renowned restaurants.

I concur that the culinary delights of Café Boulud are sublime.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with caring, personalized and intuitive service delivery and I am so proud to learn that Mr. Petar Krstic, Director of Front Office, was able to deliver on our culture standards despite an initial hiccup. I have shared your feedback with Petar who was thrilled by your high praises.

I am truly pleased that our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens provided you with a divine night’s sleep. Please feel free to contact me directly at 646.358.3605 and I will be happy to provide you with more information regarding our Duxiana bedding.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and hopefully for a longer stay on your return.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Been to The Surrey? Share your experiences!