“Absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 459 Hotels in New York City
London, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a very select area, safe and luxurious. You just can't beat it. The staff really know the area and take time to advise you on the best places to go. Pure luxury.

If I ever visit New York again, I will not hesitate to book this hotel.

Room Tip: Just visit it, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. We are truly humbled to be referred to as "pure luxury."

I am so pleased that you enjoyed our tranquil Upper East Side location and that you found it to be safe and most luxurious.

I am delighted that our team members exceeded your expectations with their knowledge of the surrounding area and that they were successful in advising you of the best places to go.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I travelled to Manhattan for our anniversary and decided to stay at The Surrey. Not only was the Guest Relations Executive, Ms Michelle Paredes, extremely accommodating with my every request, including a last minute extension to our trip, but her colleagues, including the front of house porters, Duane, Koko, Brian and Pablo further ensured we had a thoroughly enjoyable and magnificent trip in what is in itself an absolutely magnificent Relais & Chateaux property in the heart of Manhattan!

With Cafe Boulud on the ground floor, other wonderful boutiques and eateries nearby, and Central Park less than minute away, we could not have hoped for more.

Well done and thank you Surrey for your thoroughly high standards, friendly and exquisite ambience, and fantastic location - we will definitely be back!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback from your recent experience. It is our pleasure to provide our guests with Relais & Chateaux standards of service and we are sincerely humbled by your high praises.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location steps from Central Park with close proximity to famed Madison Avenue boutiques and world renowned restaurants. In addition to the highlights in the surrounding area, I am happy that you enjoyed Michelin Star Café Boulud as well.

Thank you especially for your high praises of our team members who were most helpful to you during your stay as you celebrated your special anniversary. I am so proud to learn that Ms Michelle Paredes, Guest Relations Coordinator and our Doormen Mr. Duane Smith, Mr Koko Latt, Mr Brian Conboy and Mr Pablo Castro were so successful in making a positive impression on your experience. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team members who will be touched by your most gracious praises.

Please contact me directly at 646.358.3605 the next time your travels bring you to New York and it will be my pleasure to personally assist in arranging your accommodations.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights as part of our honeymoon. It was fantastic, we stayed in a grand deluxe room and it was amazingly spacious, basically you get a room big enough for 2 queen beds with one king bed and a lounge area, I think it's worth the upgrade if you can. We felt like all that space was a real treat, especially in NYC. The location is superb, one block from Central park, we aren't big shoppers but you can be in your favourite stores on madison or 5th within a few minutes.. One of our nicest evenings in the city was spent on the roof terrace, well worth it for a cocktail or two if you get the chance, the views are beautiful and the ambience was relaxed but very luxurious. We enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant, it was great, but we didn't eat there in the evening or use the spa so can't comment. If they are up to the standard of the rest of the hotel I am sure they are great. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, especially our friend and doormen (Keko??) who chatted to us daily, made some great recomendations and generally made us smile.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for sharing your positive feedback from your recent stay at The Surrey. I am so thrilled that we were a part of your honeymoon celebration.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our idyllic Upper East Side location with close proximity to Central Park and famed Madison Avenue shopping.

We are so pleased that your Grand Deluxe Salon exceeded your expectations in respect to the spacious layout.

Thank you especially for taking a moment to shine a light on the thoughtful, warm and friendly service provided by our entire team. I am so proud to learn that Mr Koko Latt, our wonderful Doorman was successful in providing you with great recommendations and conversations. I have shared your feedback with our team members who were thrilled by your most gracious comments.

I concur that our Private Roof Garden is one of our most special amenities and I am so thrilled that you were able to take advantage of delicious hand crafted cocktails, breathtaking views and relaxing ambiance of this signature Surrey feature. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast at Michelin Star Café Boulud.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and I sincerely hope you have a chance to enjoy a massage at Cornelia Spa on your return trip to The Surrey.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Exciting, comfortable, excellent staff, very modern! Loved the hotel room and bathroom. Go to the rooftop bar and enjoy a drink, or just sit there in the evening and admire the view. The staff were just so helpful ... Nothing too much for them. Enjoyed the jazz band in the bar, while we relaxed for a drink. This small hotel has it all!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such gracious feedback from your recent experience at The Surrey.

I am so delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many ways from our inspiring Lauren Rottet design to our spacious and comfortable guest accommodations and bathrooms.

We pride ourselves on providing superior levels of personalized and gracious service and I am so proud that our entire team achieved this with you.

I am also thrilled that you enjoyed the hand crafted cocktails on our Private Roof Garden and took in the breathtaking views from this signature Surrey feature. The band in Bar Pleiades is such a wonderful entertainment and I am so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy while listening to jazz music.

Asheville, Nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Far and away our favorite place to stay not only in NYC but, arguably, anywhere. The staff is always fantastic and we are always treated as welcomed guests. Couldn't recommend more highly! This was our 6th stay at The Surrey and we were just as impressed as our first visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share your most gracious feedback from your recent experiences at The Surrey. We are truly humbled to be considered your favorite place to stay.

We pride ourselves on providing our guest with warm and gracious service and I am thrilled that we achieved this with you. I have shared your feedback with our entire team who were delighted by your high praises.

We truly appreciate your continued patronage to The Surrey and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home.

In the interim, I remain at your service,

General Manage
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice hotel- modern, but too hip. excellent service. Prices fluctuate based on different factors- at times the prices are quite high, but sometimes quite reasonable and they have some good specials.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our inspiring Lauren Rottet design and that the personalized and genuine service provided by our team members exceeded your expectations.

We are pleased to offer our guests special packages and promotions in order to enjoy The Surrey and New York City. We change our packages and promotions seasonally which are featured on our website.

NC and MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would like to update a previous review and compliment the entire staff of the amazing job they are doing! We had a few issues during a previous stay but those days are gone! The Surrey is our favorite place to stay - the rooms are lovely, the service spectacular and the attention to their guest, their needs and request are just wonderful and met with a smile. We have stayed at The Surrey numerous times and are returning with friends later this month! We cannot wait to share this gem of a hotel that feels more like "home" with them and enjoy another fabulous trip! It is truly a special place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us and for noting the improvements from your previous stay.

We pride ourselves on providing our guest with genuine and intuitive service delivery, and I am delighted that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you. I have shared your feedback with our team members, who were thrilled by your gracious praises.

We truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and for sharing The Surrey with your friends and family.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kanagasingham

Been to The Surrey? Share your experiences!