I must confess that I stay at this hotel quite frequently and just recently started posting on Tripadvisor. So being a regular has its perks. But I have reccommended this hotel dozens of times and every person has been very happy with their experience and has also returned again and again.
If you are looking for that crazy, 24/7 NY experinece.....stay near Time Square. If you are looknig for a hotel with a sophisticated, elegant AND super friendly Upper East Side atmosphere....this is for you. Walking home at night...you might think you are returning to your own luxurious apartment. Its very easy to enjoy all of Manhatten from this location. Stroll up and down Madison and shop at the Boutiques....speed through (some days) Central Park to the west side and Lincoln center. Walk to the Met. It is also an easy walk to the subway to explore the far reaches of the island without the traffic.
The hotel is a great mix of contempoary, modern, deco and traditional and it all works. Rooms and bathrooms vary quite a bit as it is a rennovated older building. But even the smaller rooms are spacious with excellent storage space and wonderful marble showers with amazing water pressure. It also has one of the best bars in the area (Les Pleiades) and one of the best restaruants (Cafe Boulud) right off the lobby. The gym is small but offers enough for a decent work out and the spa on two is delightful. In good weather, one of the real treats is the rooftop bar for guests only!! Not to be missed.
A hotel is really only as good as its service and The Surrey lives up the reputation. After just a day (and I have watched this) the fantastic doormen will always give you a welcome back. The speed of room Service is improving! And I've found the front desk staff and conceirge always eager to please. A little shout out to Opal who should show the staff at other hotels at this level how its done. A++ You will count the days until your next visit back to The Surrey.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey Hotel
- Surrey New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional moments at The Surrey extend well beyond your accommodations. Whether you prefer entertaining in the garden, indulging in a relaxing massage at Cornelia Spa or dining at your favorite table at Café Boulud, personality and personal preferences inform our service from the moment you make your reservation. Upon booking a suite at The Surrey, guests will receive the Complimentary Suite Program which includes complimentary wireless Internet, daily international newspaper, shoe shine, and a Surrey welcome amenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.