“AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 451 hotels in New York City
Mexico City, Mexico
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a great hotel, great outstanding service, hughe rooms for NY standards, dont hesitate and select this hotel in your next trip. The service is off the chart, its close to the MET, and you can walk ti the 5th shops . Everyone is ready to serve you and the room is really really beaitiful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are humbled by your kind words and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations with our close proximity to Central Park, Museum Mile and the famed shopping on Madison Avenue.

We pride ourselves on providing superior levels of intuitive and personalized service and I am proud to learn that our team members were so successful in making you feel warm and welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home. In the interim, we remain at your service.

994 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Turkish first
Dakar, Senegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was all gung ho about writing a review as soon as I stayed at the Surrey for a week before Christmas, I was annoyed that the room I had booked was not suitable for a mother and son..and I had to pay an additional $80 a night to have 2 beds, which is hardly the Christmas Spirit, considering the occupancy rate was low, and I had checked in around 9pm so this was not a good way for me to start off...I think the location is lovely, I really like the UES and have stayed at many NY hotels, this said, the decoration is rather strange, we stayed another 3nights after returning from Mexico and the room was nicer with a little side window affording a view of Central Park, much is made of the mattress's but to be honest they are OK..but not as amazing as Trump Soho, the water pressure was so strong and powerful I am sure this must be a waste...but of course others will like it...the room decoration could hardly be called eclectic ..sort of strange Amoire not really in keeping with a 5star hotel, and I have no idea why Kate Moss's picture is in the lobby, as when I viewed this I thought I was in for a modern treat...hardly...
On location this is a 10 out of 10, staff varied from being lovely to being superior (superior being the chap who found it great to charge $80 extra a nt so I did not have to sleep in the same bed as my son) Would I go back...Not whilst the likes of Trump Soho offer inroom nespresso, and views to die for and no charge for internet...and service that is CAN do, rather than CANT do.

Room Tip: we at first had a room on the 5th floor, large but looked straight into a man's townhouse, he wa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback from your recent visit. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations with our close proximity to Central Park, Museum Mile and the famed shopping on Madison Avenue.

Design can be so personal and I regret to learn that Lauren Rottet’s décor was not to your taste.

Our double queen bedded accommodations are limited in inventory and hence we tend to charge in accordance with our demand based on supply. Please know that it is not our intention to have you pay additional monies.

We hope that these incidents have not marred your overall impression of The Surrey and that you afford us the opportunity to regain your faith and restore your confidence in us. Kindly, please call me to 646.358.3605 when your travel plans next bring you to New York so that I may personally take care of your arrangements. In the interim, we remain at your service.

new york city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed at the surrey when my house flooded in hurricane irene and i think the service is great but i stayed there for 6 weeks and they only had about 5 things on the menu and i'm a new yorker so i don't really mind going out because i know where to get good food bunt my mom started to go a bit crazy because the food there was gross and the restaurant downstairs was way to expensive. so we were all a bit sad my 4 year old sister but she was fine as long as she could get toys,my 13 year old brother, and me. and the food literally made me sick. like i said befor the people are nice the survice is great. the location is also amazing zitimers was right across the steat its a drug store and a toy store. also next door they had a great coffee shop. i hope you found this review help full. tere is also a park you just have to walk for about 2 min.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Parana, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed 13 nights during January (I also stayed there during my previous visit to NYC).

I can not imagine a better place: the hotel is gorgeous, the decoration is excellent and the bed is the best I have ever slept on.

I also love the upper east side location, but really the best of all is the staff: they are very professional and friendly and make you feel at home; the Director of Guest Relations send me an e-mail to ask the estimated arrival time to minimize waiting time (of course, my room was ready when I arrived!!!); the guest service agents are really very helpful and friendly.

No doubt during my next trip I will stay at The Surrey.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous feedback from your recent stay with us.

Our unique design by Lauren Rottet and prime Upper East Side location are indeed some of our best attributes. We were truly pleased that you found our service to be professional and friendly, especially that of Mr. Jose Lema, our Director of Guest Relations. We pride ourselves on the gracious and warm service extended by our colleagues and I was proud to learn we were successful in achieving this with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home. In the interim, I remain at your service.

Shan Kangasingham
Mystic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for a short getaway and loved the location. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous! The room was large and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your glowing feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations from our tranquil ambience and personalized service to our close proximity to Central Park, Museum Mile and the famed shopping on Madison Avenue.

We were delighted that our spacious guest accommodations exceeded your expectations and our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens provided you with a luxurious sleep experience.

We look forward to welcoming you home soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this hotel. It is smaller and you get such personal treatment you feel like a guest in a friends home with the most incredible bedding. I also love the decor and intimacy of the bar. Just an all around great experience!

Room Tip: I have stayed there many times and never had a bad one!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us.

We pride ourselves on providing superior levels of intuitive and personalized service and I am proud to learn that our team members, were so successful in achieving this with you. We were delighted that our custom Duxiana bedding and Sferra linens exceeded your expectations and provided you with a luxurious sleep experience.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really liked this hotel, I have stayed in many small hotels in NYC, but the service here was better.
The checking process was quick and efficient. Because we had tickets to the Ballet they reserved my room and held our bags. Upon return we were expected and welcomed it was a great room on the 19th floor corner room. Great view and quiet too. The hotel was making changes with their towels and robes so room maid gave us the new softer towels, really nice. It was nice having dinner down stairs and the Bar is modern and drinks really good. The neighborhood is just off Madison Avenue so many places to shop.. Complimentary coffee in early morning in lobby.
I will be back..

Room Tip: Worth the price to pay for high room if you can...great light..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
skanagasingham, General Manager at The Surrey, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most rewarding feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that you were most impressed by our superb location with close proximity to Central Park and the famed shopping of Madison Avenue.
However, it is our exceptional level of intuitive and personalized service that we pride ourselves on and I am proud to learn that our team members were successful in making you feel warm and welcome. We concur that the innovative libations at Bar Pleiades and intuitive design makes for a most memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service

Shan Kanagasingham

Been to The Surrey? Share your experiences!