I was all gung ho about writing a review as soon as I stayed at the Surrey for a week before Christmas, I was annoyed that the room I had booked was not suitable for a mother and son..and I had to pay an additional $80 a night to have 2 beds, which is hardly the Christmas Spirit, considering the occupancy rate was low, and I had checked in around 9pm so this was not a good way for me to start off...I think the location is lovely, I really like the UES and have stayed at many NY hotels, this said, the decoration is rather strange, we stayed another 3nights after returning from Mexico and the room was nicer with a little side window affording a view of Central Park, much is made of the mattress's but to be honest they are OK..but not as amazing as Trump Soho, the water pressure was so strong and powerful I am sure this must be a waste...but of course others will like it...the room decoration could hardly be called eclectic ..sort of strange Amoire not really in keeping with a 5star hotel, and I have no idea why Kate Moss's picture is in the lobby, as when I viewed this I thought I was in for a modern treat...hardly...
On location this is a 10 out of 10, staff varied from being lovely to being superior (superior being the chap who found it great to charge $80 extra a nt so I did not have to sleep in the same bed as my son) Would I go back...Not whilst the likes of Trump Soho offer inroom nespresso, and views to die for and no charge for internet...and service that is CAN do, rather than CANT do.
- Also Known As:
- The Surrey Hotel
- The Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York City
- Surrey Hotel New York
- Surrey Suite Hotel
- Surrey Hotel
- Surrey New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceptional moments at The Surrey extend well beyond your accommodations. Whether you prefer entertaining in the garden, indulging in a relaxing massage at Cornelia Spa or dining at your favorite table at Café Boulud, personality and personal preferences inform our service from the moment you make your reservation. Upon booking a suite at The Surrey, guests will receive the Complimentary Suite Program which includes complimentary wireless Internet, daily international newspaper, shoe shine, and a Surrey welcome amenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Surrey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.