If I could give this hotel a rating below 1, I would! If you have the choice, do NOT stay here! There are hundreds of other hotels in this city and all of which I'm sure you'll have a great experience at, unlike this one. I stayed here for an extended visit and could not be more appalled at the service I received. The from desk employees were never helpful nor did they ever have a good attitude, especially the woman with short black hair. It doesn't matter how nice you are to them, they do not reciprocate, except for the housekeepers, mine was very pleasant! But the head of housing, not so much especially if the front desk directed your call to her and you ruined her day! Also, I'm not sure how it is in all of the other rooms, but if you are put in one of the middle rooms, there is a 99% chance you will not have cell service unless you hoard in the corner near the door. And wifi! Even after changing their whole wifi system, they still can't get that right, it may cost more money to fix it, but in my opinion it's an investment worth doing in order to provide your guests with an efficient service. Now if you're like me and are an extended guest and not just here for a few days, I hope you don't plan on washing your clothes here because yes, they do have 2 washers and 2 dryers, but the odds of them both working are slim. Either the dryers are both broken and you're stuck having to carry a bag of wet clothes 6 blocks down to the laundromat because they did not tell you the dryers were broken. Or a washer will be broken and you won't know until you go to take your clothes out and they now all smell like mold and are sitting in a pool of water. The gym, well the gym is great, props to them on that one! Also, I will say this is in a great location, but in order to own up to the title of "The Official Hotel of the Macy's Day Parade," they ought to make some changes and not just count on their 31st and 7th address to hold them up. I am completely upset with they way I've been treated and the actions they "took" to resolve issues throughout my stay. If I were able to move locations, I would have, trust me, but due to certain circumstances, I had no choice but to stay. But thank you doorman for always trying to brighten my day upon entering and leaving the building, I appreciate it! To make this post a little less gloomy, I would like to end on a high note and give the restaurant downstairs credit for some phenomenal food they have!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The completely renovated hotel features a stunning new lobby with a stylish, smart, and comfortable design infused with the energy of New York City. Get comfy in one of our 618 new guest rooms, redesigned for maximum comfort by the world-renowned design firm, Rockwell Group! Kick back and relax. The comforts of technology await, including flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and wireless Internet. Then choose from our Six-Choice Pillow Menu, and doze off on one of our signature Affinia beds. Hungry? Studios and suites all have kitchens. Or, pop down to the hotel’s restaurant, Niles New York City Restaurant & Bar, for contemporary American cuisine, stylish décor and a very lively atmosphere. (Note: When there’s a game at the Garden, there’s a gang at Niles.)Staying at the Affinia Manhattan affords guests access to a complimentary Wine Hour. Or walk outside, New York City is at your fingertips. Just steps from Penn Station and most subway lines, it’s easy to explore the city’s most exciting neighborhoods and attractions -- Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue shopping, Chelsea art galleries, Broadway and Times Square -- at our Midtown Manhattan hotel. And for larger groups, we have more than 9,000 sq. ft of meeting space and great catering options to accommodate any event! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Despegar.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Affinia Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York