“No free wifi in rooms!!” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Just right for showtime!
Ranked #263 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Rotherham
“No free wifi in rooms!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Rooms are small but clean and tidy. The thing this hotel lacks is free internet in the rooms. For the price you pay you want free wifi! Overall in a good location with friendly staff. You are bang opposite Maddison square gardens and it's very easy to get around the city on buses and taxis etc.

• Stayed July 2014
ASpektor, General Manager at Manhattan NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hello Straightothepoint88,

Thank you for choosing Affinia Manhattan for your New York City visit.
While you seem to have enjoyed our clean and tidy rooms as well as our central location. We provide Wifi throughout our hotel-in the rooms and in the lobby- and for all guests booking direclty on our website, Wifi is complimentary in the entire hotel. Next time please be sure to book directly with us in order to get complimentary Wifi in your room.

Best Regards,
Alex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
orlando, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for 8 days in June 2014. The location is close to some of the world's finest museums, shopping and restaurants. Central park is only blocks away and easily walkable. We stayed in the junior suite. It was huge by NYC hotel standards for the price. We opted for a grocery package. This was included in the extended stay and was a nice added bonus. It was great to have the full kitchen to reheat leftovers and keep drinks cold. The room could use some new carpeting and updating, but overall we enjoyed our stay, and I would definitely stay at the Affinia again. Kudos to the front desk staff who all were helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear gutterhan,

thank you, thank you for a radiant review here on Tripadvisor!
It looks like you had a fantastic time in New York, enjoyed the very spacious suite and found the Fresh Direct grocery option very helpful upon arrival. Cannot wait to share your lovely comments with our front office team!

Alex
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I (total 6 of us) choose the Affinia for a 3 night stay prior to taking a Carnival Cruise. We booked a 1 bedroom which consisted of a bedroom with private bathroom and queen size bed. The living area had a pull out couch with kitchenette (stove fridge microwave). They also provided a rolling bed free of charge. The room didn't give us a cramp feeling the second bathroom was priceless.

We arrived by train (Amtrak) at Penn Station prior to arriving I called the front desk and requested early check in which was granted. The station is literally across the street from Penn. The staff was always super friendly and despite all the action outside of the hotel we always felt safe.

They had happy hour daily in the lobby which was a very nice touch. The proximity to Penn Station provided easy access to the subway. The Empire state building is just a few blocks away. We also were able to walk to Times Square for lunch.

Their is a Kmart on the same block as Penn for shopping for those items that you may have forgotten.

Keep in mind this is New York and very busy part of the city. I believe their is fire-station around the corner and the city never sleeps. So if you are a light sleeper plan accordingly and I believe they offer free ear plugs in the lobby.

Overall it was a winner for our family and will certainly stay at the Affinia again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear jusbeingme,

thank you for selecting our lovely Affinia Manhattan hotel in the heart of NYC for your family trip. As you noticed, our hotel is located in the most energetic part of New York - immediately opposite Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. We are about 10 minutes south of Times Square and just a few blocks south of the Macy's Flaghship location in Herald Square. We pride ourselves on having some of the most friendly staff in the NYC hospitality industry and that's evident from the moment you step in the door. I'm happy to see that our ear plugs made a difference and next time you can locate them in the nighstand drawer right next to the bed. And of course, should you have any additional questions or inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact our hotel directly.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We got a free upgrade to a deluxe room, it was huge! The bed is massive too and we had a very comfortable sleep. It is however, very noisy, there is a Fire House up the road and so lots of sirens and horns outside, but hey it's NYC, it's to be expected in one of the busiest cities in the world, it's the noise from the corridor that's the main issue, you can hear everything and if you are trying to have a longer sleep than normal, you will be disturbed.

Clean, good location for us and good price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear greenestdays,

Your review and feedback are appreciated. It looks like you highly enjoyed our Signature Affinia beds with the most plush and dreamy bedding providing for extremely restful nights in order to get ready for busy and adventurous days in the big City. I'm terribly sorry about any indoor commotion which will be reviewed with our team members. I do look forward that we will get another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was so impressed with this hotel from the minute I walked in the door. I was greeted by a Door Person who showed me the way to the Front Desk. My check in went smoothly and the lovely Front Desk Lady said to me to please let her know if she can assist me at all during my stay - what a nice touch! The Lobby looks like it has been recently renovated and has beautiful furniture. I must of come at the right time because the hotel was serving a complimentary wine hour. I was told they do this every day for an hour for all of their guests. The General Manager Alex was in the lobby when I received my glass of wine - what a nice gentlemen and it was impressive to see the General Manager engaging with the guests.

I went to my room and I was again surprised how big these rooms were for NYC. It looks like the rooms were also recently renovated. My room had all the amenities including a fridge - what a nice feature.

I stayed at the hotel on business for three nights and everything was perfect - from the on time wake up calls, clean fitness center and an amazing housekeeping staff. My room was perfect each day! I had room service one night and it was brought to my room in 30 minutes and the food was fabulous.

Thank you Affinia Manhattan for a perfect stay - I will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear HonestmanBoston,

I'm truly delighted to see your review of our lovely Affinia Manhattan hotel here on Tripadvisor! Our guests are the reason our entire team gets to work each day and we appreciate every interaction, every story we get to share. Thank you for taking a moment out of your schedule to reflect on your stay and share your Affinia Manhattan story. Whenever you decide to visit us again, do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Sincere thanks for staying with us!

-Alex Spektor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I booked two rooms , one for my daughter & friend & one for myself & my wife.
The rooms are not big or gracious but comfortable & close to everything. Ensure you ask for free internet or they will charge you. You will still have to log in with room number but confirm at reception when you arrive & night before you leave. Took us 7 hrs to get 2nd room ready, staff ok

Stayed July 2014
ASpektor, General Manager at Manhattan NYC–an Affinia hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Mb81262,

thank you for your review.
I'm very pleased to see just how much you have enjoyed our central location and our very comfy rooms with the plush Signature Affinia beds.
It seems there might have been some confusion regarding the internet so I'll take this opportunity to clarify: we are very happy to offer complimentary internet for all reservations booked directly via our website, otherwise we do charge $14.95 per 24-hours for Wifi in guestrooms. We continue to provide complimentary internet in our spacious lobby for all guests. Should you have any additional questions, we will be happy to answer. Thank you for choosing Affinia Manhattan and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Edison, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at the Affinia for an overnight trip into Manhatten. The location is great, right across the street from NY Penn and close to subways stops, etc.. The staff were very helpful during the check in and check out process. The lobby has been redecorated, but certainly is starting to show wear. The rooms, however, are another story, like the story about putting lipstick on a pig. The rooms are definitely showing wear; the in-window AC units were installed haphazardly and without proper insulation, allowing exhaust from the busy street below to come into the room; and the doors! The doors slammed so loud and hard, your room would shake from it. Given a choice, I would only stay at this hotel if I needed to be in close proximity to the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear digger13,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.
It looks like you had a fantastic time in this part of NYC and found it close to all the attractions that make NYC the greatest City in the world!
I do appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement and I'll be sharing it with the appropriate departments to ensure that our guests have only the most positive experience at our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconvience you may have experienced while with us. We highly appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Affinia Manhattan.

Alex Spektor

Been to Manhattan NYC–an Affinia hotel? Share your experiences!