We are a group of 5 adults including two couples. We stayed a week and chose a suite for three travellers (one couple and a single) along with another separate room for the second couple. We requested that both rooms be near to each other and this occurred. The suite contained one bedroom containing a queen bed with a double sofa bed out in the very generous lounge/dining area. The sofa bed was only suitable for one adult. The kitchenette was very small and contained a sink, fridge and microwave but did not have a toaster. We purchased one at the nearby Kmart for $12.00 and as a group enjoyed breakfast in the suite each morning.
The beds were comfortable and clean. We were the couple in the second room. Our room contained 2 queen beds. Our bathroom was small but functional, hand basin and toilet looked new but the bath a bit older. We were on the 16th floor and the street noise did filter in but mainly the high pitched sirens. The room was air conditioned.
The Affinia has a bright foyer and check in and checkout were effortless. We asked for a late checkout and was offered until 1.00 p.m. Wifi is free in the foyer each day for 60 minutes. Each evening around 6.00 pm the hotel offered complimentary red and white wine. The location was ideal as we arrived and left from the Penn station which is over the road, having used Amtrak Trains. The concierge desk were very helpful when we asked on two occasions to print out tickets to events.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The completely renovated hotel features a stunning new lobby with a stylish, smart, and comfortable design infused with the energy of New York City. Get comfy in one of our 618 new guest rooms, redesigned for maximum comfort by the world-renowned design firm, Rockwell Group! Kick back and relax. The comforts of technology await, including flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and wireless Internet. Then choose from our Six-Choice Pillow Menu, and doze off on one of our signature Affinia beds. Hungry? Studios and suites all have kitchens. Or, pop down to the hotel’s restaurant, Niles New York City Restaurant & Bar, for contemporary American cuisine, stylish décor and a very lively atmosphere. (Note: When there’s a game at the Garden, there’s a gang at Niles.)Staying at the Affinia Manhattan affords guests access to a complimentary Wine Hour. Or walk outside, New York City is at your fingertips. Just steps from Penn Station and most subway lines, it’s easy to explore the city’s most exciting neighborhoods and attractions -- Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue shopping, Chelsea art galleries, Broadway and Times Square -- at our Midtown Manhattan hotel. And for larger groups, we have more than 9,000 sq. ft of meeting space and great catering options to accommodate any event! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Amex, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Affinia Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.