Friendly, helpful staff and good, clean comfortable rooms in a very large, stylish old building. Only thing that took getting used to was New York never sleeping, so noise is ever present outside the windows, but that would affect any hotel and this one was just fine. Ideally placed for the tourist in terms of shopping (large variety of local shops + Macey's 3 blocks away), sightseeing (Empire State, Madison Square Gardens, Times Square all under 10 minutes walk). Penn Street subway just across the street, this is a quick way to get around. The hop on hop off tourist buses run past the hotel going south and are great for getting downtown (Statue of Liberty ferries, Wall Street, Ground Zero) or if you walk to the stop, uptown (Central Park, Rockefeller Centre, Museums). We would thoroughly recommend this place and its staff. By the way, if you are flying back to the UK from Newark Airport do not take a taxi, it is expensive and can be slow with the NY traffic. Take the New Jersey Transit train from Penn Street station by the hotel. It's quick and cost effective - $25 for 2 singles, August 2013.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The completely renovated hotel features a stunning new lobby with a stylish, smart, and comfortable design infused with the energy of New York City. Get comfy in one of our 618 new guest rooms, redesigned for maximum comfort by the world-renowned design firm, Rockwell Group! Kick back and relax. The comforts of technology await, including flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and wireless Internet. Then choose from our Six-Choice Pillow Menu, and doze off on one of our signature Affinia beds. Hungry? Studios and suites all have kitchens. Or, pop down to the hotel’s restaurant, Niles New York City Restaurant & Bar, for contemporary American cuisine, stylish décor and a very lively atmosphere. (Note: When there’s a game at the Garden, there’s a gang at Niles.)Staying at the Affinia Manhattan affords guests access to a complimentary Wine Hour. Or walk outside, New York City is at your fingertips. Just steps from Penn Station and most subway lines, it’s easy to explore the city’s most exciting neighborhoods and attractions -- Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue shopping, Chelsea art galleries, Broadway and Times Square -- at our Midtown Manhattan hotel. And for larger groups, we have more than 9,000 sq. ft of meeting space and great catering options to accommodate any event! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Despegar.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Affinia Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York