We booked months in advance, and are grateful that we called to make our booking, due to staying over 7 nights the booking staff were able to take $100 a night off the price of our suite!
We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the 25th floor and we were not disappointed. Plenty of room for the three of us, having two bathrooms was so helpful. Staff were always pleasant and helpful, that being said we didn't make much use of the concierge service as we had done a bunch of pre-planning. Times Square is an easy 15 minute walk, subway was 2-3 minutes away and Madison Square Garden was across the street. For us it was the perfect base to explore from.
I only have two things that I wasn't 100% happy with, one is the wifi provided by the hotel is $15 odd a night or a reduced rate for the week. What they don't tell you is that this is per service, not per room. So as we had a laptop and an Ipad we would of had to pay twice.
The second thing is that hotel doesn't list anywhere that they have a laundry room onsite. I had to call guest services and ask, then when I went looking for it there is no signage so it turned into a quest to find it. Other then that I can not fault this hotel.
Also no street noise (aside from emergency vehicles) and no noise from other rooms!
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel New York City
- Affinia Manhattan New York City
- Affinia Manhattan Hotel
- Affinia Manhatten
- Southgate Tower New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get comfy in one of our 618 new guest rooms, redesigned for maximum comfort by the world-renowned design firm, Rockwell Group! Kick back and relax. The comforts of technology await, including flat-screen TVs, iPod docking stations and wireless Internet. Then choose from our Six-Choice Pillow Menu, and doze off on one of our signature Affinia beds. Hungry? Studios and suites all have kitchens. Or, pop down to the hotel’s restaurant, Niles New York City Restaurant & Bar, for contemporary American cuisine, stylish décor and a very lively atmosphere. (Note: When there’s a game at the Garden, there’s a gang at Niles.) Or walk outside, New York City is at your fingertips. Just steps from Penn Station and most subway lines, it’s easy to explore the city’s most exciting neighborhoods and attractions -- Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Fifth Avenue shopping, Chelsea art galleries, Broadway and Times Square -- at our Midtown Manhattan hotel. And for larger groups, we have more than 9,000 sq. ft of meeting space and great catering options to accommodate any event! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Affinia Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.