“New year's eve at the soho grand” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Weekend Escape
Ranked #151 of 458 Hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“New year's eve at the soho grand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

the hotel was as nice as boutique hotels get in manhattan. the turn down service is markedly thoughtful, and the level of hospitality is a level above the majority of hotels.

that being said, there were two issues with the hotel:
1. i requested a goldfish and a bose sounddock three days before I checked in. It took 3 phone calls and 2.5 hours for me to get it.

2. room service food was below average, not something that i would expect from a 1st tier boutique hotel.

but despite those two annoyances, the hotel is stunning, and i would gladly go back.

• Stayed December 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

I was a little nervous about staying at the SoHo Grand for New Years Eve. When I lived in NYC a few years ago, this place was as trendy as they come. I was happily surprised that every member of the staff seemed to appreciate our business from the front desk to the bell service. The rooms on the north side of the hotel are smaller but not too small and the city views are incredible! Part of the New Years Eve package had plenty of little surprises too. They offered glass of champagne at the front desk, there were cookies waiting in our room for us. The 2nd night they left chocolate covered strawberrys and went out of the way to make sure we took advantage of free breakfast offered to "Grand Guests". Be sure to sign up for this Grand Guest program before you book. Bottom line: the SoHo Grand gave us a wonderful stay and we'll be sure to stay there next time we're in town.

• Stayed January 2006
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2006

Great bed, slept very well. Upon arrival it's not very clear if you've never stayed that the lobby for checking in is on the first floor, and not ground floor where the concierge is. I waited 10mins with my baggage before someone asked me if I was checking in.

Room was nice, clean - Tv could use a dvd player and better tuning on tv of the channels as the sound and image were not very crisp.

I was dissapointed to find that the wireless internet acess was charged as an extra, and was not that fast when connected.

But overall a very nice experience, the food was amazing, the chef is very good (and this is coming from someone living in Paris used to very fine dining)! Location is great for shopping in soho, much cozier than the atmosphere around the 5th ave etc.

-Damien

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2006

Upon arrival to the Soho Grand Hotel you are completely enveloped by a feeling of style & class . From the warm greeting I received by the doormen, to the wonderful restaurant recommendations given by the concierge, my entire stay was fabulous. It is away from the hustle and bustle of time square etc..., yet it is close enough to enjoy a short cab ride into mid town. The surrounding shops and boutiques are great, and all within walking distance! Although this past visit was not my first to the big NYC, it was my first at the Soho Grand. I will definitely be a repeat patron!!

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2005

The staff was very friendly, especially for New York. And if you have a dog, take him or her with you. Everyone was nice to the dog. They even provided a bed and 2 bowls for the dog.

The bed for the humans was also very nice. Sleek contemporary design.

We'd stay again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2005

always have a good experience at the Soho Grand; especially nice bathrooms with good amenities; be sure and check their website--often good deals there.

Troy, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2005

My second stay at the Soho Grand was even better than my first....I brought my husband this time for the Seduction in Soho package. We loved the chocolates waiting for us when we arrived, and breakfast in bed every morning was divine. The staff was friendly and attentive as always. We loved the comfy bed and fine linens, and the Cafe Mocha just steps from our room was a great way to start each morning.
Do not miss an opportunity to have drinks in the ultra cool lounge area, may I recommend the Perfect Ten martini? Also, the concierge is a great help...got us in at Mercer Kitchen which I highly recommend.
Skip the touristy mid-town crowds and average hotels....the Soho neighborhood is lovely and the Soho Grand is First Class! Can't wait to go back....

• Stayed December 2005

Been to Soho Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!