“In my opinion - best location in NYC” 4 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 West Broadway, New York City, NY 10013 (SoHo)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #144 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Stockholm, Sweden
“In my opinion - best location in NYC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Trendy, perfect location, high Service Level. <3 the bikes you can borrow.
Miss the outside bar. Wonderful restaurants, shopping around the corner. Room, internet was super. Will come back and will recommend friends here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear PDBX,
Wow! What a lovely review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you will be recommending us. That is wonderful and exactly how we hope all of our guests feel upon departure.
Please email me and share my contact so that I can personally assist you or any of your friends with future stays. kfahey@sohogrand.com
Kelley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Loved the location and bar at this place. The staff were at times a bit inconsistent in service, some were there to be seen and didnt really appear to be helpful, but the bar staff were fantastic. The gym is a good size and wasnt always busy. Otherwise its a great place to stay, nice and central.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jo-Oso,
We so appreciate you taking time to post. Our service being inconsistent is disappointing. We do our best to maintain the same high level of service throughout our hotel; when we fall short of your expectations we need to improve. Thank you for pointing out the areas that exceeded your expectations, such as the bar staff. We are always working on improving and your review assists us in making improvements every day.
We hope to have you back with us soon.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Just stayed 4 days last week. Really wanted to love this hotel, the staff was really great. First high end hotel in NY that I have stayed at that didnt have pretentious staff. But the hotel is in desperate need of repair , specially considering how much the rates for our suite was.

When we checked into our room, there was pieces of the roof on our bed and floor and the roof was literally falling down, with water dripping onto the bed. I immediately took photos and went downstairs to show the staff and they sent someone to vacuum the mess up and said someone would fix it the next day but they never did for the entire duration of our stay. I guess this was deemed "normal". To me, they probably should of put us in a new room right away. The room smelled like damp mold the entire duration, and the roof contintued to peel and fall down intermediately.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I gave this hotel another chance primarily because the client i do business with uses this hotel.
I would never choose to stay here again as it simply doesn't deliver. The rooms are dark and tired and the staff are mainly there to be seen rather than to serve.
The best 3 things about it are the location, the grilled cheese sandwiches and the aqua leather chairs in the lounge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear lovestravel65,
This is terrible and very disappointing to read. I would like to discuss your stay further either by phone or email. We pride ourselves on service and this type of review we take very seriously. Please contact me at your convenience 212-965-3555 or kfahey@sohogrand.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The location is great, convenient and in the heart of Soho. I have been to this hotel a number of times since it opened. The staff are still friendly and hip but the rooms could really use some work. The lamp beside my bed had an electrical issue and kept flickering on and off. The wall outlets were delicate and I had to brace the outlet plate before I removed my adapters in fear of the whole outlet coming out of the wall. The furniture was scratched and well-worn. After this place gets a refresh I will gladly return, otherwise, I am not coming back.

Room Tip: when ordering breakfast off the "door menu" try and pick an earlier time than usual, it is...
Dear Mono20013,
I am very sorry to hear about the condition of your room. We are currently in the process of renovating all of our guest rooms; many of which are already completed. It seems your room was not. I would love to speak to you and possibly work on getting you to return. When we fall short of your expectations; we fall short of our own. I would like to opportunity to correct this. Please email or call me at your convenience.
kfahey@sohogrand.com
212-965-3555
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed at SG this weekend. I would say that it is seeing some wear. The level of attention to detail is just not there. Our room was just ok. I hate when people harp on the size of rooms in NYC. Most hotel rooms are small in NYC. It's just the way it is, period. That being said, it was "clean" but not "Hotel clean". Our bathroom was not cleaned, at all, not once. They replaced the bath towels but that was it. The cleaning staff never gave us a bar of soap. Luckily I had one from the weekend before. The toiletries were never refreshed-not even once. The bathmat was taken and never replaced.

The service within the hotel was tolerable at best. The bartenders are awful. We had lunch at the bar when we arrived. We couldn't get him to even come over and check on us for 10 minutes. There are only 8-10 barstools with two other people there. It wasn't a good start. We decided to use the cocktail lounge from then on. In the lounge there was a really good cocktail waitress named Janae.

In the end, there seems to be an overwhelming bored looking/acting hipster staff. I would say that for those that will pay more to enjoy a nice hotel...you may be disappointed. Beautiful property, great location, service...not so much.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear vinmelissa,
I am very disappointed to read this review. We take great pride in our service and our guests feedback. When we fall short of your expectations; we have fallen short of our own. Please contact me so I may find a way to rebuild your faith in our brand. I can be reached via phone 212-965-3555 or email kfahey@sohogrand.com
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindly,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Soho Grand has the potential to be the best hotel in Lower Manhattan, but sadly lack of investment in the rooms means it falls considerably short of that. This is a trendy hotel that takes itself pretty seriously, and the grand lobby area is indeed a cool place to hang out for drinks. The food is also uniformly excellent. The rooms, however, are tiny, dusty, dark & tired. You just can't charge the price the Soho Grand does for accommodation like this. So my counsel to the hotel management is it's time to refurbish the place.

Stayed April 2014
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear ernestoteles,
I am very sorry ot hear that your room fell short of your expectations. I would like to personally apologize. I would like to go over some of the areas of yorur room that need attention and see if I may find a way to rebuild your faith in our brand.
We value your feedback and hope we have the chance to discuss this further. kfahey@sohogrand.com
Warmly,
Kelley

Been to Soho Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!