“I enjoyed my New York vacation here” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Winter Weekend Escape
Ranked #150 of 458 Hotels in New York City
New York
“I enjoyed my New York vacation here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I live in New York. When my wife decided to paint the bedroom in our apartment, I went to Priceline Express and got a great deal at a 4 Star + hotel in SoHo, which turned out to be the SoHo Grand. It's near my office, and I ended up checking in quite late, so they upgraded me to a corner room, which was terrific. The staff was very nice.

I stayed again the next night, with an even better Priceline deal and an upgrade to a high "City View" room. Once again, the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hotel is on West Broadway near Canal, which is the southern part of the SOuth of HOuston district. I didn't realize how much that stretch is now oriented towards bars and restaurants for tourists, which can be convenient. It was hopping during the World Cup!

Room Tip: Corner rooms and City View king rooms on the north side are the biggest, I think. Loved the corner r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear NewYorkarchitect,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you got a chance to explore the surrounding neighborhood. The World Cup has certainly livened up the streets of Soho! When you're next planning a stay please contact me directly. I will make sure your rates are Priceline comparable and ensure you have a point person before and during your stay. kfahey@sohogrand.com
Looking forward to having you back.
Kelley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Turkish first
Wharton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night this month with some family. The hotel lobby is very pretty with great location to the lounge and restaurant. The rooms are a little smaller than some other nyc hotels ive been to but had excellent views. Bed was comfy, had a nice tv. Was disappointed with the bathroom though. All old appliances it seemed and our sink kept spraying water at us even on the lowest pressure. Other issue was when we got home we had a charge that we used our mini bar when we hadn't (we were out more than inside the hotel) so that was disappointing. But I called and I believe they removed it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear NovemberRain27,

Thank you for sharing your review. Our views are amazing and with NYC as a back drop there’s always something fabulous to see. Pleased to hear the charge was addressed, I would still appreciate if you could contact me directly so that I can personally ensure your bathroom is repaired and assist you with your next trip to NYC kfahey@sohogrand.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The soho grand has a really live bar with super trendy decoration- great spot to hang out before going out for dinner. I love the rooms' decoration- with shades of brown and black and the bathrooms are lovely with the bird wallpaper. The standard bedrooms are small though. If you like downtown you will love the location.

• Stayed October 2013
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Clagmac,
Thank you for your review. When you are next booking your stay ask about the other room options. We have a variety of room types that are larger and may better fit your needs.
We look forward to having you back.
Acworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

While the hotel is a great location to get all over NYC, the hotel itself needs to clean better.
I found. Dirt in the bathrooms, sleeping area and all over in general. I went to show the manager and he could have careless. He didn't even come outside to talk to me. I was advised just emailed him the pictures.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Leopapp,
Thank you for sharing your stay. Please contact me directly so I can address this with you. I would like more details so that we can better handle this kfahey@sohogrand.com
Regards,
Fairview, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were looking for a NYC overnight deal and got one on booking.com for this hotel. Check in was positive in that we got in early and upgraded but there was a little misunderstanding when the rather "curt" attendant told us we were booked for the next day . I almost passed out - but he was incorrect and finally cracked a smile and became helpful when he saw tears forming . Hence the upgrade from a superior queen to a high floor king. The room was small , very clean with plenty of room for clothes and luggage . Worn furniture fits the mix of modern and antique theme . The room did however smell strongly of nicotine . This happens in many venues that convert smoking to non without Changing ac / heat units or when people smoke in the bathrooms . I also noted faint mildew / sour smell in the closet . The lobby / lounge is the grandest part of the hotel with beautiful teal furniture , with brown accents and a huge funky bird cage . They serve tons of whiskeys , scotch and bourbons - was a tad disappointed by the drink menu , not as special as other lobby bars , but obviously it caters to a certain crowd . If you are obsessed with old fashions and manhattans this is the place for you . We saw many dogs on our stay also great if you want to travel with your pet . Perhaps what makes this hotel lovely is where it's located . We shopped til we dropped from diesel to Alex and ani to Louie V , soho had it all. Don't miss Dos Cominos for lunch and Costata for dinner both absolutely fantastic . Ladies if you need a blow out , Haute Air is right around the block and for 40 bucks they did a fine job, you can even add makeup for 20 extra ( thanks to the concierge for the referral.) the doormen and staff are all lovely here I'd stay again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Robyn W,
Amazing! Thank you for this review. We love to hear when we have captured a repeat guest and it sounds as if we have in you. Please email me so I can enroll you in our rewards program and also so I can look into the issues you pointed out in your room. Hope to have you back with us soon. kfahey@sohogrand.com
Warmly,
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This is a great choice, if you want a hotel away from Mid Town and in a trendy, vibey area of New York.
I was travelling as a female on my own, so I wanted somewhere that wasn't too impersonal and where I could walk around at night, feeling safe.
I wasn't disappointed with my choice. The service is excellent, from the moment you arrive in your taxi until you leave. Always super efficient and always genuinely friendly.
I ate at the bar one evening. Very good food and excellent cocktails. It was definitely a happening place.
The rooms are not huge, but that's New York, it may have been a squash for two, but there are larger rooms, so definitely worth upgrading to these if you like more space. However the bed was large and super comfortable.
The bathroom was very quirky in its design, loved the wallpaper. Good shower and plenty of decent towels.
I was on the 15th floor and had a wonderful view out to the Hudson. It was quite noisy, which didn't bother me, but I can see why others may find this off putting.
My only gripe would be the very old fashioned air conditioning unit. It was so noisy that I had to turn it off at night, which meant the room got hot. It also is very large and takes up too much space in a room which was already tight for space.
But I will definitely stay here the next time I am in New York

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear lisasplaces,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We are currently in the process of changing out the ac/heating units throughout the hotel. That should be completed by end of year. Please email me directly when you are next planning a trip so that I can personally assist you with your next reservation kfahey@sohogrand.com
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Love, love, love this hotel! I used to stay here quite a lot on business and always had great stays. The location is excellent and the customer service amazing. Haven't been for a while and this trip was for pleasure. As soon as I got to the hotel I was reminded why this hotel is so great. Super friendly and efficient service makes check in a breeze. The location is perfect for a weekend hang out. The bar is a great place to hang out with friends. Really couldn't want anything more from a hotel in NYC.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jakkster67,
Wow! What a great review! So happy to have you back. Please email me so I can make sure you are enrolled in our rewards program kfahey@sohogrand.com.
Kelley

Been to Soho Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!