“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #167 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently spent two nights at the Soho Grand. The service was wonderful, the doormen are fantastic, friendly and helpful. The front desk personnel could not have been nicer and the room was lovely. Having lived in NYC for many years and now going back to visit, I am very picky about where I stay and how much I spend. I can honestly say that this hotel is a great value, the rooms are large by NY standards with beautiful and roomy bathrooms and closets and it's in a perfect location! My room faced Canal street, which can be noisy at all hours so if you are very sensitive to noise, ask that you face the other side. The bar is very stylish and inviting as well. The hotel is upscale, sophisticated but comfortable and inviting.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear MYGreenberg,
Fantastic review. Thank you very much for sharing it. We hope you will be back with us soon.
Regards,
Kelley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Turkish first
Bloomingdale, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I'm sure many travelers would imagine it's good to be in the Broadway area, but there's really nothing much to do there. Soho is a great place to be located because there's so much going on there. The Soho Grand was a beautiful small hotel and just a quick subway ride to other parts of the city. We loved the hotel itself, found our room to be ready for early check in and enjoyed the bar, the music and the food. The room was well appointed (robes, etc), the bed comfortable and the staff as friendly and charming as can be. We also appreciated the big bowl of apples by the elevator! Best of all, the neighborhood provided endless stimulating walking and restaurants--everything within reach. We did not experience any negative issues. We stayed late at the bar. We were impressed by the fact that when our waitress had to leave she took the trouble to bring the new waitress over to us and introduce her. A special touch!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Carolyn B,
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed both the Soho Grand and the surrounding neighborhood. Our service goal is to go above and beyond your expectations. I am happy to hear about the server introducing her replacement. It’s the little things that make all the difference and outstanding service is key.
We hope you will be returning. Email me directly so that I can personally assist you with your next stay kfahey@sohogrand.com.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The Hotel is cool and the service was amazing, in fact so amazing that I didn't notice it. I would be in the taxi after being ushered into it by an amazingly accommodating young footman. I'd be in the lounge and be eating something that is not on their menu because the waitress went out of the way to see if the chef would accommodate my request. If I seemed lost there was always someone there to ask me if I needed help. Service great! Location, even better...Soho is busy and fun, hip and cosmopolitan, great shopping, great little eats, and access to wonderful and new art and architectural establishments. I like to exercise and I found the gym to be tiny and very basic. Not a lot in terms of running paths and parks...not that I saw anyway. I did take the subway to Central Park...an adventure in itself! BUT...I'm 55 years old and I like quiet, so my upgrade to a corner suite overlooking Soho was a bit noisy for my liking. Thank god for sleeping pills. Be sure to ask for a quiet room if you're a light sleeper. AND I need light...the hotel was DARK! Almost post nuclear dark, most probably to accentuate the warehouse architectural ambiance it so wants to be identified by. The hotel room washrooms could use a lift and the rooms are tiny, but the beds were divine and as I could not really see the rest of the hotel I'm afraid I can't comment on the decor.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room...the street side is noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear turnbsy,

We take great pride in reading that our “service was amazing”, thank you for that. I am happy to hear that your server was able to honor your special request. We try to go above and beyond whenever possible. The Soho neighborhood makes getting around town easy. Trains and cabs are easy to access so it’s convenient for anyone who wants to explore Manhattan yet prefers the energy downtown for their hotel stay.
Please let me know when you will be returning so I can add your preference for additional lighting on your reservation. kfahey@sohogrand.com

Florida City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at the soho grand last year and decided to return however this time I wasn't to impressed with the overall service. I feel like its loosing its touch. The employees are friendly but not like they were in the past and the rooms can use a little TLC. With so many other hotels in the area I wish the soho grand luck. I'm sure they will get better

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Nicole T,
I am sorry to hear you were not happy with your last stay. Please email me so we can discuss the issues in detail. We then can begin the process of rebuilding your faith in our brand. kfahey@sohogrand.com

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We spent last weekend at the Soho Grand and found it the perfect location and price point for a last minute NYC weekend getaway. We booked our room on the internet while driving down saturday morning from Boston. The process was easy and our room was ready when we arrived at 2:00 pm. Parking is right across the street so getting rid of our car was seemless. Our room had a view of West Broadway. It was small but very comfortable. The bathroom was actaully larger and nicer than some we hav evisited recently. The lobby bar was very active on both Saturday evening and Sunday brunch. The only negative of the hotel was that it had a very small lobby. if you like to read the paper in the lobby and watch the world go by this is not ofr you. Everything else was great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and i recently stayed at the Soho Grand. We had a wonderful time. The staff are fantastic and very accommodating. The bars are wonderful. food and drink are all above average. The location of the hotel is it's biggest selling point. Within waling distance to many bars and restaurants. Concierge is very knowledgeable. the only negative this time is it didn't seem the thermostat was working properly. The room was too warm and I could not cool it down. Not a big deal though. This is not the first time we have stayed here. That should say it all!

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are best
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I live close to the city, but had to stay overnight in style for a work related project. The Soho grand was by far one of the most comfortable stays i've had. Great bed, great bar, with comparable prices, interesting decor, and a service minded staff thats friendly. Can't go wrong!

Room Tip: Choose a suite, if you can splurge. Its worth it ( mini bar)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mark S,
Amazing! Thank you for your review. We hope to have you back with us soon.
Kelley

Been to Soho Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!