“Stayed for new years 2014, perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   310 West Broadway, New York City, NY 10013 (SoHo)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #145 of 461 Hotels in New York City
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Stayed for new years 2014, perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here for a week to see in New Years 2014. Had the best holiday of our lives and the hotel contributed to that.

We arrived to a big smile and welcome from doorman Ben, and when we got to our room a bottle of champagne on ice was waiting for us as it was my partners birthday. We didn't ask for that, they just did it. Excellent touch.

The location is excellent, right in the heart of the soho shopping district and far enough away from times square but you can still reach it within an hours walk or 15 minutes on the subway (if you feel the need to go). Its also a 5-10 minute walk to chinatown, little italy and loads of great restaurants.

The room was the perfect size, not too pokey and not too big. Decorated in a contemporary way, we particularly loved the bathroom decor.

We spent new years eve at the hotels black and white ball which was brilliant, we bought the general admission tickets and had a blast. Premium open bar until 2am and more champagne than you can ever imagine! Midnight was a riot! Definitely go if you're staying for new year!

If you want to experience the proper new york city, stay round here and visit the surrounding areas. Definitely hop over to willimasburg in brooklyn!

The hotel was full of cool people, the staff were all very friendly, helpful and attractive. There's no set 'uniform' which adds to the casual feel of the place and the bar guys certainly knew their stuff!

We're already planning our return visit and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

HOWEVER…. if you want to be in the centre of tourist things 24/7, times square, empire state, rockerfeller etc this may not be the hotel for you - stay closer to times square.

Room Tip: Email beforehand and ask for a room with a view. If they have one available to allocate you won'...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear tbboy87,
WOW! Thank you so much for detailing all that added to your “perfect” stay. Our NYE party is one of the highlights for both our guests and our team.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed ringing in the new year with us. We hope to have you back again for the next one and hopefully for a holiday sometime between then and now.
Happy new year to you,
Kelley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Turkish first
Orpington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

A wonderful hotel, friendly staff and such a welcome away from home. Evening meal good and yummy porridge for breakfast and a relaxed environment and a willingness to always assist.

Good location and shops away from the crazy 5th avenue.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Nikki662,
We strive to be the “home away from home” for every person who steps through our doors. It is wonderful to hear when we hit our mark. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope you will be back soon.
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I simply can't fault this hotel.
The accommodation, food and service were just excellent.
I particularly liked the location. The Soho area is a great part of New York with really nice shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Laurence P,
Such a wonderful review. We really appreciate your taking time to post. We hope to have you back with us soon.
Warmly,
Sanremo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has just become my favourite place to stay in NYC. The location in Soho is perfect me and my husband walked everywhere. The hotel staff are really helpful and friendly and the rooms are a great size. We had a corner king room with a view of Manhattan that was just breath taking. The size of the room is excellent for NYC and the beds are very comfortable. Wifi works perfectly for such a big hotel. I would defiantly recommend this hotel and we will be back.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mamaloosha,
Thank you for this amazing review! That is what we aim for. We look forward to your return. We would also like to invite you to join our new guest loyalty: GrandLife Rewards. GrandLife Rewards recognizes that guests staying with us most frequently deserve greater rewards – including exclusive 10% discount, special offers and points per stay that can be redeemed for complimentary guestrooms, upgrades, hotel services, Apple products and more. To learn more, please visit grandliferewards.com
Regards,
Seaford, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel left us in awe. It is just beautiful. Classic style with a staff that knows how to make you feel welcome. The restaurant is excellent and the rooms are a nice size for Manhattan. The location is fantastic. It is pricey but you absolutely get what you pay for. This place is one of my favorites.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Dave M,
Thank you so much. What a fantastic review! Please let me know when you will be returning so that I can make your reservation for you personally kfahey@sohogrand.com
Best regards,
Marina del Rey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was here on business (for a book tour) and not only did the land line beep due to battery running low during my live on-air radio interviews (which I was excited to do from my room -- I ended up having to use my cell phone for three hours of interviews) the internet was so spotty during my 3-day stay (despite repeated calls to the desk to see if there was some other solution) that I was really unable to conduct any business at all. It was beyond frustrating. I've never stayed in a hotel that was harder to work from. I love the design but the service was not good as far as remedying these problems, and I can't wait to get to another hotel or train or plane where I might have internet more than a few minutes so I can finally catch up on business.

Room Tip: Maybe a lower floor would have better reception?
Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Cindy C,
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I am sorry to hear about the issues with your wifi.and with your landline. We don’t hear issues like often however I am very sorry to hear that it impeded your work. I have gone ahead and alerted our IT department and we are making the proper corrections so that this is not a recurring issue.
We do hope you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you on your next stay.
Warmly,
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We just stayed at the Soho Grand for a long weekend and loved the hotel staff. They were so friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We enjoyed having a drink at the bar each night and the bar tenders remembering us as well as the host/hostesses as we entered...the front desk as well as the doormen were also top notch. It was expensive but we loved the neighborhood....nothing negative to say except would love to pay less...but I guess you get what you pay for and I thought this hotel was top notch.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Travel017,
What a lovely review. Thank you for sharing it. When you are next traveling please contact me directly so that I can assist you with your reservation to ensure it’s best suited to you. kfahey@sohogrand.com
Best,
Kelley

Been to Soho Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!