“Location, location, location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #152 of 458 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Location, location, location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The lounge at the hotel is awesome. Like one big living room. Great manhattan hip crowd. Rooms are small but good enough for NY. Right in the heart of soho. Surrounded by really good shops and 10 min walk from TriBeCa.

• Stayed January 2013
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear RO75,
Happy to hear you had a great time with us. When you are next returning please contact me directly so that you have a point person during your stay.
Kinds Regards,
kfahey@sohogrand.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We've been travelling frequently in Europe and the US for eighteen months and just had to say this is the worst hotel experience we've had. Badly in need of refurbishment with staff who are not in the hospitality industry. This is a nightclub for under twenty fives not a Hotel.
The memory of this Hotel always comes back to me as hard as I try to forget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Jenesaisrich

I’m terribly sorry to hear of your experience. I would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you to try and restore your confidence in us. Please reach out to me directly at your earliest convenience at kfahey@sohogrand.com

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I returned to this Hotel after more then 13 years , this time it felt nicer...
You can feel the buzz of the Soho in the Hotel Lobby Bar and the rooms are small but neat.
Had a unique incident , after check in ,I took a shower , went out with underwear (luckily ) as suddenly another guest open the door , and was totally shocked to find a big men in underwear :) .
Anyhow for me it was amused , but i noticed to the reception , they decided to give me a compensation a breakfast , that was nice of them

Overall , nice hotel , but better if you find a good deal (I booked in the last minute Via Booking,com 279$ and got a double upgrade) as I am not sure if it worth the full price.

Dear Salvex239,
It is very nice to hear you decided to return after so many years. I apologize for this incident and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with what our team was able to offer you.
Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance with rates directly.
Kind Regards,
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The best hotel in NYC. Great atmosphere, excellent staff. Overall a wonderful place to stay. I have been staying here for six years and always have had a great time. The rooms are super cozy with great amenities in the bathroom. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Make sure to join the rewards program it has a lot of great perks every time you visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to stay on. It's a better view of the city. Corner kings are the best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dustin,

Glad to hear you enjoyed yet another stay with us. Thank you for your continued loyalty. As always let me know when you will be returning so I can make your reservation for you.

Best, Kelley
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Soho Grand over the Christmas holidays and could not have been happier with my experience. The rooms were spacious, particularly for NYC. They were comfortable and had everything I needed. The drinks/dining area was really nice. I had coffee and read the paper there in the mornings, and had pre-dinner drinks there in the evenings. It was filled with couches and comfy chairs rather than looking like a restaurant. The best part of the hotel, however, is probably the location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go - though it is not walking distance to Times Square.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We’re so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and can’t wait to have you back.
Please contact me directly on your next trip.
Best, Kelley
Lichfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

a good well positioned hotel that delivers in terms of what a hotels should in terms of room, furnishings etc.
The let down was that with 3 days of attempts at breakfast i never received what i ordered .....more disappointing was the staff's distain and insolence at being asked to correct the situation.
This was akin to our arrival after a transatlantic flight at 11.55pm to be told that we couldn't have any drink at the bar as they had cleaned down the ice....we were after wine...

...go elsewhere there are plenty choices in NY

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GrandAmbassador, Guest Relations Manager at Soho Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Neil61a,

I am very sorry about your disappointment, I would love the opportunity to continue this conversation with you, please feel free to contact me directly, kfahey@sohogrand.com and I will do my best to restore your confidence in us.

Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have stayed here before and was somewhat turned off by the staff. Not true on this trip. I was greeted very warmly and genuinely upon arrival. The bar staff was equally friendly but the host tried to hard to be intimidating. Just walk right past them and seat yourself in the bar area.

My room was nice, bedding was super and towels were fluffy. I also love a nice hotel robe. There was coffee and cool magazines on the floor - close enough that you could go in the robe.

I loved the location - a subway stop right around the corner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback of your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and will relay them to our team. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are planning your next NYC trip and I would be happy to assist with your accommodation.

Kfahey@sohogrand.com

Been to Soho Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!