“Best NYC Hotel Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sherry-Netherland Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Sherry-Netherland Hotel to your Saves list
The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   781 Fifth Avenue, At 59th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay As If You Live In NY
Ranked #3 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
“Best NYC Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We chose the Sherry Netherland for a trip to celebrate my son's 16th birthday. Our purpose was to see the museums, central park and a show. I wanted something unique and different and the Sherry did not disappoint. The 2 room suite (207) overlooked Cartier and the Apple store, the bathroom was a great size. The living room was spacious. Loved the small kitchen with Kuerig and fridge stocked with waters and soda ( all complimentary). What really impressed was the personal service and attention to detail. From the minute we arrived, my son was greeted and wished a Happy Birthday, check in was quick and pleasant, valet parking was no hassle. The bellman who showed us our room ( I believe it was Mauro) could not have been more helpful. Jacqueline Acosta who assisted with my reservation took such good care, answering all my questions pre-visit. The birthday card, and cupcakes with candles waiting by the fresh flowers was an impressive touch. No request was any problem. Each and every member of the staff we encountered was so pleasant and kind. We were sad to check out after the weekend ended. The Sherry will definitely be the hotel selected when I return to New York City.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We've stayed at the Sherry-Netherland for years and its always perfect. But, somehow it just keeps improving. The lobby renovations are almost complete and look spectacular. The suites are all different, but all beautiful and exceedingly comfortable. Service is so friendly and attentive you feel as if you are the only ones there. We find the fluffy comforters too hot, so the first night replaced the one on the bed with the blanket from the closet. On subsequent nights, during turn-down service, housekeeping made up the bed that way. It's just one example of the attention to detail here. The location alone would make this an easy choice, but with everything else to recommend it, we never consider trying another New York hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

What can I say, this was an amazing hotel. I was fortunate to get in at the last minute given a friend who couldn't use the reservation. Too notch in every area. The rooms luxurious, the food to die for, the staff super professional. Thank goodness my company footed the bill because it was pricy!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is an incredible hotel. It is a charming European boutique hotel. It is located in a prime Manhattan location. The staff is exceptional. Truly a 5 star experience.The room was beautiful. It had a gorgeous view as well.I look forward to a return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bridgeport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I brought our two youngest daughters (11 & 13) to NYC for 4 days of shopping, dining and shows. This was my first time staying at this fantastic hotel and our experience was incredible! Great staff (especially Reginald and Tammy) throughout. The gentlemen operating the elevators were always very welcoming as were the doormen. The bartender in Harry Cipriani's(don't know name. Bald with glasses) was a great guy! Very accommodating and great to talk to. The manager in the restaurant was great as well. We are looking forward to our next trip to NYC and to The Sherry Netherland!!

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This was the most fantastic hotel stay I have ever experienced!!! My husband and I went to NYC to celebrate my birthday and the Sherry-Netherland staff treated us like VIP's. As soon as we arrived they upgraded our room to a suite just because it was my birthday. Complete with two bathrooms, a living area and the most amazing views. They had two cupcakes and a birthday card waiting for me in our room when we arrived. They did everything from making our dinner reservations to helping us secure theatre tickets (thank you Elizabeth, you were a dream!). The staff is amazing!! Pete went above and beyond to make us feel "at home". He even personally escorted us to a restaurant instead of just giving us directions. One night after returning from the theatre (late) we really wanted something sweet, but everywhere was closed. Pete had the restaurant, Cipriani's open up their already closed doors for us and they served us the most amazing desserts!! The location is amazing. Right on 5th Ave in front of Central Park. The interior of the hotel and room was amazing. Very clean and elegant...trust me because I am super picky about where we stay. My husband and I have both been to NYC several times and The Sherry-Netherland far exceeded our expectations. We will most definitely stay here on any future trips as I cannot imagine a hotel any better than the Sherry!! If you are looking for a fantastic NYC experience, look no further. They are THE BEST!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Sherry Netherlands never fails to impress me. This last visit, I changed my arrival, departure date multiple times and were always told, no problem, happy to make any changes needed, never got any negative attitude. The staff from the moment you pull up to when your loaded your bags to leave are always so nice and truly helpful. One can sense when staff are just doing their job, but the staff at the Sherry truly go the extra mile in pleasing their customers. Love this hotel.

Room Tip: Facing the park!