“Superb Accomodations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sherry-Netherland Hotel

You added The Sherry-Netherland Hotel to your Saves list
The Sherry-Netherland Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   781 Fifth Avenue, At 59th Street, New York City, NY 10022 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #3 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Superb Accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

What can I say, this was an amazing hotel. I was fortunate to get in at the last minute given a friend who couldn't use the reservation. Too notch in every area. The rooms luxurious, the food to die for, the staff super professional. Thank goodness my company footed the bill because it was pricy!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is an incredible hotel. It is a charming European boutique hotel. It is located in a prime Manhattan location. The staff is exceptional. Truly a 5 star experience.The room was beautiful. It had a gorgeous view as well.I look forward to a return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bridgeport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I brought our two youngest daughters (11 & 13) to NYC for 4 days of shopping, dining and shows. This was my first time staying at this fantastic hotel and our experience was incredible! Great staff (especially Reginald and Tammy) throughout. The gentlemen operating the elevators were always very welcoming as were the doormen. The bartender in Harry Cipriani's(don't know name. Bald with glasses) was a great guy! Very accommodating and great to talk to. The manager in the restaurant was great as well. We are looking forward to our next trip to NYC and to The Sherry Netherland!!

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This was the most fantastic hotel stay I have ever experienced!!! My husband and I went to NYC to celebrate my birthday and the Sherry-Netherland staff treated us like VIP's. As soon as we arrived they upgraded our room to a suite just because it was my birthday. Complete with two bathrooms, a living area and the most amazing views. They had two cupcakes and a birthday card waiting for me in our room when we arrived. They did everything from making our dinner reservations to helping us secure theatre tickets (thank you Elizabeth, you were a dream!). The staff is amazing!! Pete went above and beyond to make us feel "at home". He even personally escorted us to a restaurant instead of just giving us directions. One night after returning from the theatre (late) we really wanted something sweet, but everywhere was closed. Pete had the restaurant, Cipriani's open up their already closed doors for us and they served us the most amazing desserts!! The location is amazing. Right on 5th Ave in front of Central Park. The interior of the hotel and room was amazing. Very clean and elegant...trust me because I am super picky about where we stay. My husband and I have both been to NYC several times and The Sherry-Netherland far exceeded our expectations. We will most definitely stay here on any future trips as I cannot imagine a hotel any better than the Sherry!! If you are looking for a fantastic NYC experience, look no further. They are THE BEST!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Sherry Netherlands never fails to impress me. This last visit, I changed my arrival, departure date multiple times and were always told, no problem, happy to make any changes needed, never got any negative attitude. The staff from the moment you pull up to when your loaded your bags to leave are always so nice and truly helpful. One can sense when staff are just doing their job, but the staff at the Sherry truly go the extra mile in pleasing their customers. Love this hotel.

Room Tip: Facing the park!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The location could not be more perfect. From the moment we walked into the lobby with the handpainted frescoes of the Vatican Library to the exquisite hand painted elevators, to the service, to the rooms, we were enchanted. The suite was so beautiful, with views and kitchen, that we never wanted to leave. Cipriani's Restaurant in the hotel was superb. We ate there 3 times during our stay and they provide the room service for the hotel. Magical experience. At the corner of Central Park, across from the Plaza, and Bergdorf Goodman and FAO Schwartz, no reason to ever go home again!!!!! Thanks to the amazing staff as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Holliston, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We spent one night at the Sherry-Netherland in early May of 2014. What a wonderful lobby to stroll into, and the location was perfect for proximity to our event at the Society of Illustrators, and just poking around Central Park. The staff was outstanding.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Sherry-Netherland Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Sherry-Netherland Hotel

Address: 781 Fifth Avenue, At 59th Street, New York City, NY 10022
Location: United States > New York > New York City > Manhattan , Midtown , Upper East Side
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#2 Luxury Hotel in New York City
#5 Business Hotel in New York City
#6 Family Hotel in New York City
#7 Romantic Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:4.5 star — The Sherry-Netherland Hotel 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Sherry-Netherland Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sherry Netherland Hotel
The Sherry Netherland Hotel

If you own or manage The Sherry-Netherland Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.